OV-10A Conversion

Hi all. Anyone have a lead on where I could find the Paragon OV-10A conversion? I believe they are out of production. Anyone know if there's a chance of a new run? I would like to build the model for my father-in-law's 60 b-day. He was a forward air controller in Vietnam. So, I would like to build his plane. Thanks for any help.

I was also a Forward Air Controller or as they were later called a Tactical Air Control Party (TACP). However, my time was spent post-Vietnam, from '78 to '84.

On to your questions, Paragon Designs closed up shop reportedly for good earlier this year. FWIW, Hannants bought out their remaining stock, however they no longer have the OV-10 conversions in stock. I managed to grab the OV-10A (and later the OV-10D) conversions. But, they are quite in demand and most who have them are not letting then out of their sight. My suggestion is that you post on the trading sections of ARC and/or other modeling sites, maybe you'll get lucky.

Keeping an eye on eBay was going to by suggestion as well. I've got one of these Paragon sets(no it's not for sale!) and it is a beauty. There were some old-school resin sets by Medallion and (I think) Missing Link. While they're not much, they're better than the kit parts. I haven't seen these on eBay, but they may be worth looking for.

Here are some photos I took, so you can get an idea of what the set looks like. The photos actually don't quite do the set justice, but you should get a good idea.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/DDonSS3/Paragon%20OV-10A%20Set/

Wing2.jpg

PE.jpg

CP5.jpg

IPFront.jpg

Somewhere (Britmodeler?) there's a link for a build Neil Burkhill (the guy who was Paragon) did that would be very helpful. The only thing I wish he'd added to his set(s) would have been landing gear bay parts.

Edited by DonSS3

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping someone bought the molds and would re-pop them. I've seen the set on ebay sometime ago but I was out bid. To be hoenst, I wouldn't think this set would be indemand. Maybe I'll just build out of the box. I know the kit is old and has lots of problems but I doubt I'll find a resin kit anytime in the future for a "reasonable" price. Thanks again for the info.

Don - I noticed you are in Clarksville, TN. I lived there for years - graduated Fort Campbell High. My mom and sisters still live in Clarksville and I visit them a few times a year.

Dave

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping someone bought the molds and would re-pop them. I've seen the set on ebay sometime ago but I was out bid. To be hoenst, I wouldn't think this set would be indemand. Maybe I'll just build out of the box. I know the kit is old and has lots of problems but I doubt I'll find a resin kit anytime in the future for a "reasonable" price. Thanks again for the info.

Don - I noticed you are in Clarksville, TN. I lived there for years - graduated Fort Campbell High. My mom and sisters still live in Clarksville and I visit them a few times a year.

Dave

Hi, Dave,

I've only been here in Clarksville for about seven years or so. I'm the odd Navy guy in an Army Town…  :blink: