Revell 1/72 MH-90 - pictures of the prototype model

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the replies and links,Merry X-mas To You All.

Got the kit for x-mas but as with Revell most of the paint Ref are mixes,not sure which one to do,would anyone please know what the overall colour is for the Dutch machine,and the two tone grey French Navy ones are.From what i have seen from the pictures i have seen the Dutch ones look the same colour as there Orions.

Kind Regards

Craig

I bought one yesterday. I was surprised to see the seperate maritime sprue is different in colour and quality. It's not as sharp and flash-free as the darker grey sprues. On the side of the box, in the little white square, it states 'Made in Korea/Poland'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still looking for the colours for the French Navy machines if anyone could please help..

Me too! Those Revell-mixes can't be right. Do the French use RAL-codes or F.S.-numbers?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Navy/NHI-NH-90-NFH/1727851/L/

How accurate are the NH-90 kits?

It's based on the prototype so some vents are not shaped totally right but you can fix that. Too bad they didn't include a NFH-rotorhead in the box so you have to build a NFH with a non-foldable rotor. Could be quite a challenge to get it into a frigate-hangar. :whistle:

Hi gang

So let me read the paint documents :

we have : light grey DHN1028 P89 3625

and dark grey DHN1028 P89 3624

Ok, that bring us to nothing.

From Andre's link, we can think about 164-022 ? 164-023 ?

In any case, they do not match the Super-frelon I have in my showcase.

To help you more, you must know I was fortunate to exhibit 2 times my helicopter in a french navy base, with the real things behind. I was with Mygalle, and his helicopters too, so it opens to some comparison.

I used for the ligh grey Humbrol 127, and it was spot on.

for the dark grey (the one who looks always bluegray), I used a mixt of 6 drops humbrol 126, 2 drops humbrol 47, 1 and half drop humbrol 48. The result is a bit too blue looking at the real thing in the background, and I will reduce Humbrol 48 to 1 drop

If I recall corectly, Mygalle used Gunze colours. His light grey was same as mine, and his darkgrey was a little less blue as mine.

I'm sorry I can not be of better help

Norbert

Thank you for this input. What paint documents do you have there? Sounds interesting.

I think Humbrol 127 is what you could also use for a Royal Navy Sea King (the ones with the red nose). Perhaps someone else has another idea.

I think Humbrol 127 is what you could also use for a Royal Navy Sea King (the ones with the red nose). Perhaps someone else has another idea.

By "the ones with the red nose" you mean the Rescue scheme, I take it?:

http://www.professionalinternetbusinesstraining.com/royalty-free-photos/2011/11/royal-navy-rescue-sea-king-hu-mk5-sar-za167/

If so, these were Medium Sea Grey BS381C 637 (Humbrol 165). The red areas were Signal Red BS381C:537 (FS 11350 / Humbrol 174). A few areas, like the panels around the exhausts, were Extra Dark Sea Grey BS381C:640 (Humbrol 123 / close to FS 36118, Humbrol 125).

If you're stuck to the FS shades, FS36270 (Humbrol 126) would be a better match than the somewhat lighter FS366375 (Humbrol127).

HTH,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Andre, yor're totally right. I mixed up something there.

I tried to get a different approach to this issue and remebered, that camo on the French Panthers look quite similar to the camo on the Caiman and I came across THIS

He used Gunze H307 and H308. Perhaps someone knows the exact colours that are used on the Panther?

Hi my friends

I got a message from Mygalle.

He told me he used on his helicopters :

- light grey : H51 with some drops of H56

- dark grey : H57 with some drops of H56

he also added, and it's interesting, he checked the colours with a Pantone chart

- Light grey: 428

- dark grey : between 443 and 444

So many thanks to Mygalle. in my view, he was very very close to the real thing.

now, to convert Pantone in FS...

Norbert

he also added, and it's interesting, he checked the colours with a Pantone chart

- Light grey: 428

- dark grey : between 443 and 444

So many thanks to Mygalle. in my view, he was very very close to the real thing.

now, to convert Pantone in FS...

I have both Pantone and FS595 charts in front of me right now, and I think the best matches are:

Pantone 428: FS36495

Pantone 443: FS26329

They might not be exact matches, but they are close enough that I would feel comfortable using them if I was designing a decal sheet.

PS: Is your friend sure about Pantone 443 being close? Pantone 443 has significant green content to it, to the degree that it is almost a light green-grey.

Edited by KursadA