1/24 Hasegawa Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD ST185

Shunko's decals have worked like a charm, but due to the curvy figure of the Celica a lot of decal softener has to be used. At the moment the body is fully decaled.

019-2.jpg

No tow hooks were provided with the kit. They were made from metal wire. The insulation/heat reflector above the exhaust was made from aluminum foil tape on which I engraved the pattern with a tooth pick.

017-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Celica is now fully decaled - apart from four decals for the windows (tinted with Tamiya smoke spray). The body and the chassis were joined without any drama although this is always the point I'm a bit afraid of.

The bullbar needs some touch-ups, since I modified the bumber attachment points, which were too simplified. Headlights and most of the Safari-specific parts (apart from the bull bar) are still missing.

005-2.jpg

The ground clearance should be now more realistic than on the original tarmac configuration.

001-6.jpg

Some scratch-building near the end: the things on the bull bar that must be washers for the headlights, especially when there seems to be a water hose going in to things that look like washer jets. I haven't been able to find a proper close-up shot of them (especially from the backside) but this is pretty much how they look like.

Another addition are the spring-type bonnet and boot locks that were made from scrap PE pieces and metal wire.

018-1.jpg

015.jpg

That looks fantastic. Where did you get the clear tubing?

Thanks!

The tubing (8mm outer diameter, 4mm inner) is by Model Factory Hiro. I got it either from Hiroboy in the UK or from MediaMix Hobby in Singapore.

This is my third car, yes. But now that I've almost finished it, I finally see it's not that different from aircraft models, which I've done a dozen or so since I started doing models again. Surely there are differences, some major ones too but I'm still a learner in the field of car models, so that is why I really appreciate your words!

This is my third car, yes. But now that I've almost finished it, I finally see it's not that different from aircraft models, which I've done a dozen or so since I started doing models again. Surely there are differences, some major ones too but I'm still a learner in the field of car models, so that is why I really appreciate your words!

I hope your fourth endeavor brings you down to our gb!

It's finished! More photos on the Display Corner Case soon.

No outdoor photos this time. The temperature was -25 degrees Celcius so I opted to stay in. Luckily there was enough natural light.

025.jpg

Edited by janman

Wow!

I see it's a dreaded three wheeler. Still looks incredible. I can't wait to see more cars.

Oh, you're right! It shouldn't be though. I've checked it and all the four wheels should be in balance, like in these photos taken for the Display Case forum:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=244853&pid=2329837&st=0entry2329837