Dornier Do-17 Z-2 (Revell, 1:72)

Here is my latest... It had been finished untill half of work before I went to my job in Syria. Primer...Preshade and underside in blue color...

From this saturday (5.11.) is doned everithyng else along with my new project who will be finished very soon :)

I'm not sadisfied with this model... I think is old prepack of airfix or matchbox, fit is awfull, low detail on model, and worst thing Revell gave totally wrong sheet, I mean when you came to decaling job... For example on sheet is shown decal No. 5, but on decal sheet decal No. 5 is totally different decal and not that one what you must put on spot.

In general... DONT BOETHER TO DO THIS MODEL! :)

do17g001.jpg

do17g002.jpg

do17g003.jpg

do17g004.jpg

do17g005.jpg

do17g006.jpg

do17g007.jpg

do17g008.jpg

do17g009.jpg

do17g010.jpg

Vajled,

I see that you have been very tolerant of this build and although you have found many

glitches, faults etc I think you did a pretty good job of this Dornier.

How old is the model...How many years old ...

I think you did a nice job albeit you probably pulled your hair out !!!

Looks good to ME.. :thumbsup: :D

Edited by HOLMES

It's a very old Monogram kit, probably new in about 1960. The molds are very worn out. I have one in the stash and I can confirm it's better to avoid this kit unless you can find a very old pressing. Even then, there's probably better choices out there.

You've done a good job on it, I expect it's very difficult to get the wings and tailplane aligned as well as you have them with the way they are constructed. Your photo from directly to the rear shows the alignment is just about perfect. The plastic has become very thin because of the mold wear and there isn't much surface to glue together.

• 1 year later...

Nice job! I can see by the lump on the canopy (which was some sort of electronic device) that this is a Dornier Do-17Z-2 as kitted by Monogram about 1971. It was a nice kit back in the day but may be a bit long in the tooth depending on how sloppy the molds got. Revell also owns the Frog molds for this kit but that was a 17-1 with a D/F loop on the canopy. Sad to hear you got the wrong sheet, ordinarily if you write them a letter they would fix that.

Best wishes,