Buffing metalizer

I don't have a "search" function for these forums on my phone so I am just going to ask. This may be a trivial question but what is a "buffing metalizer"? What do I need to do with it and what kind of results should I expect?

THX

This may be a trivial question but what is a "buffing metalizer"? What do I need to do with it and what kind of results should I expect?

Buffing metalizers are typically airbrushed on then lightly buffed with a soft cloth to a produce a smooth, shiny, natural metal finish. When first sprayed they look rather flat and slightly grainy, but wait a few minutes and then buff it out. The degree of shine can be controlled to some extent by the amount of buffing, but don't over do it or else you might rub the paint off. They are typically lacquer-based paints. You can buff pretty much any paint (I usually do it with all of my paint jobs), but buffing metalizers are designed to look their best after buffing. The only buffing metalizers I have used come from the Testor's Model Master Metalizer line, and they tend to be rather fragile and require special care when masking.