ATR 42 500 - Resin - 1:72

Hi guys

Liberty Quality has just released the ATR 42 500 resin kit in 1:72 scale. I did the decal art for the TRIP version and the Italian Guardia di Finanza.

I'll start to work in a conversion from the original ATR 42 500 to the ATR 42 300 to make the PANAM version. There are some little modifications in the tip of the wings and the propellers

I liked the overall quality of the kit and the solutions developed for parts and general construction.

Here are some the photos of the kit and contents in the box:

ATR_1_72_TRIP_01.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_02.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_03.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_04.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_05.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_06.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_08.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_07.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

Edited by Marcos Borges

Guys

I'm working right now on the arts for the TOTAL/JADLOG (see below - not finished), TAME e EUROLOT. Let's try to have all ready by begin next month!

bd5ccdf6.jpg

Edited by pttaa

Hi Tracy,

This model kit cames this way, the windows are already filled with clear resin by the manufacturer, and you just have to polish them sometimes and mask in the outside during the paintshop - to do this easily, Liberty supplies already cutted masks with the kit, its just apply and be happy :yahoo:

Cheers

JM

Thanks, that's real nice of them to do that.

I think I found a clear resin product that self-evacuates bubbles on its own. I picked it up at Micheals, and saw it used for the masters in clear parts for a 5.5 ft Starship Enterprise kit. Just wondering if that was the same stuff.

Tracy

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the long delay in this post.

The ATR assembly was stopped due to other projects tasks, but I returned to it recently

The fuselage halves, central wing structure and fin were joined with epoxi adhesive. I also started to work in the cockpit transparency and interior.

The first idea was to convert this model to an ATR 42 300 to make the PAN AM version, but I think that it will be in other liverie. Perhaps Air France or another.

Here are some pictures.

ATR_1_72_TRIP_25.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_26.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_28.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_31.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_30.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_33.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

Edited by Marcos Borges

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the long delay in this post.

The ATR assembly was stopped due to other projects tasks, but I returned to it recently

The fuselage halves, central wing structure and fin were joined with epoxi adhesive. I also started to work in the cockpit transparency and interior.

The first idea was to convert this model to an ATR 42 300 to make the PAN AM version, but I think that it will be in other liverie. Perhaps Air France or another.

Here are some pictures.

ATR_1_72_TRIP_25.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_26.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_28.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_31.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_30.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_33.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

Hi! i want this model to make 'Inter-Canadian' i just finish the RVHP Metro 3 convert into a 2 in 'Inter-Canadian' cls but i am very interested in this ATR in 1/72 to match my Metroliner... i am a former Inter-Canadian... tanks for your help guy's

Mario :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Anthony!

Thanks!

I think that the conversion is not so difficult. I did some basic measures on 3 view drawings for a project in the 1:144 scale.

Basically you have to lengthen the fuselage just in the front and in the back of the main landing gear bay and add new wing tips. The central part of the wing seems to be the same in the 42 and 72.

Here are some drawings for the 1:144 scale. I will do some update for the 1:72 scale and post here.

ATR_72_03.jpg

ATR_72_05.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

• 8 months later...

Hi Anthony,

After a long break I returned to this assembly.

Only a couple of things. Finished the panel and the adjustment of the cockpit transparency.

About the 72 version, I will wait for the model that is been worked by Odair at Liberty kits

ATR_1_72_TRIP_45_zps7e07da7e.jpg

ATR_1_72_TRIP_46_zps48e3d7ce.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.