The Modern Hog Guide

Since the Hog Guide sold out back in the Spring, I bet I get 10 e-mails daily asking if it's going to be reprinted. The answer is no, it will not. However, a 2nd Edition of the book is nearly done, and will be released sometime in the next year or two, depending on how other releases (The Modern Hornet Guide and two new Modeler's Guides) shake out early in the year. The 2nd Edition features all-new images, more pages, and more coverage of the early, pre-LASTE jets, and even more coverage of the A-10C and A-10A+. It will also have a lot more "in action" and air-air photos, something lacking in the first edition. Couple that with the new printing company we're using now, and it should be a far superior book to the first release, for the same price.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Great news Jake.

Can't wait to get it on my hands. I got the first one (and all the others) and I must say your work is absolutely fantastic. All I ever needed in terms of reference for my models is there!

Good luck!

I sure appreciate that. Seeing your work, it's good to know my books help out!!

Jake

What Modeler books are you working on??

-Jim

Pig's working on the 2nd Edition of the Scale Viper, and he's also doing another on a different jet subject. Think USMC, Navy, and export.

Jake

:hmmm:

A Modern Goshawk Guide would be very helpful. Well, to anyone that might be contemplating building a Goshawk. Somehow, I'm thinking something else. Not sure quite what though...... :huh:

Was n't the F-4 used by the Marines, US Navy and also exported?

A-4 perhaps? Another newer F-18 Guide?

Jeepers, there are loads of options :wacko:

Oops..got the wrong end of the stick. You meant Modellers guide did n't you? :doh:

Edited by geedubelyer

Since the Hog Guide sold out back in the Spring, I bet I get 10 e-mails daily asking if it's going to be reprinted. The answer is no, it will not. However, a 2nd Edition of the book is nearly done, and will be released sometime in 2012, depending on how other releases (The Modern Hornet Guide and two new Modeler's Guides) shake out early in the year. The 2nd Edition features all-new images, more pages, and more coverage of the early, pre-LASTE jets, and even more coverage of the A-10C and A-10A+. It will also have a lot more "in action" and air-air photos, something lacking in the first edition. Couple that with the new printing company we're using now, and it should be a far superior book to the first release, for the same price.

Jake

YES!!!!!!!!!! :woot.gif::woot.gif::nanner: :nanner:

This is outstanding news!!! I've only just become aware of your line of books through one of the in-progress threads of an F-4, and I'm happy I did. I've read all great reviews about the A-10 book, and have been in search of a copy for a couple of months now. I have a Trumpeter kit started but want to wait until I have a good reference before I really do any serious work to it. I just picked up the Early Viper Guide, and if the A-10 book is even half as good, I know I'll have all the reference I need. I have the DACO Fighting Falcon book, but your Early Viper Guide puts it to shame.

Thank you for doing these books. They are sorely needed by the rest of us!!

:thumbsup:

Pig's working on the 2nd Edition of the Scale Viper, and he's also doing another on a different jet subject. Think USMC, Navy, and export.

Jake

Considering the part that he was looking for that I helped him with, and who he said the build was for, I'm putting my money on the Scale Hornet Guide myself.

Aaron

Thank you for doing these books. They are sorely needed by the rest of us!!

:thumbsup:

Very kind words, Rambler. Thank you. I try to put stuff in the books that I need when I build, so I'm happy to hear that works for others, too.

Considering the part that he was looking for that I helped him with, and who he said the build was for, I'm putting my money on the Scale Hornet Guide myself.

Aaron

Scale Hornet, indeed. Supers and Legacy, US and export. Knowing Pig's talent, it should be another amazing book from him.

Jake

Hi Jake

Does a 2nd edition of the Modern Eagle guide in the works as well?

Not right this second, but yes, it will receive the same updated edition as the Hog Guide.

Do I get a free copy since I guessed the title?

Aaron

No, but I sent your Viper intake parts in the mail today. Sorry I didn't get to it before I left.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Damn! I was gonna guess JSF.

You need to get a hold of all of your former squadron members and get pics of your jets. My goal for 2012 is to get that book done.

Jake

• 2 months later...

I think it will still be in the Fall sometime. I have another project or two to finish up, but I think I'm still on schedule.

The Trumpeter kit can be built into a beauty with some work. I look forward to seeing yours come together. Be sure to post pics.

Jake