Moebius Iron Man

I did this over a couple of evening/afternoon sessions last week because I said I'd take it to Telford for SWM 2011!

IronMan.jpg

There is no scale indicated, but the figure measures out at 230mm approximately, so it is probably meant to be 1/8.

Bits and bobs:

P1010153.jpg

A slightly macabre dismembered Iron Man:

P1010155.jpg

Lots of Alcald white primer (luvverly stuff):

P1010157.jpg

The figure was finished with Alclad Pale Gold overall, masked up then sprayed with Hot Metal Red. Then a few dabs of silver detailing with bristle brush and Bob's yer uncle:

P1010163.jpg

There is supposed to be some matt black shaded areas, but I couldn't be bothered.The base was in various shades of Games Workshop metallics then different shades of Flory Wash was sploshed all over.

Moody Iron Man:

P1010160.jpg

I got the kit on the cheap in a Modelzone sale, but if you're paying top whack it is pretty expensive. Having said that the components are of outstanding quality, the parts are virtually snap fit and there is very little cleaning up required. There is also the question of image licence fees to consider. I thoroughly enjoyed putting it together.

peebeep

• 2 weeks later...