Q: How long is the Aztek A470 Warranty for?

Hi all. I need to find out the length of the Warranty for the Testors A470 airbrush body. Anyone know?

(I recall that as long as it's within warranty, and never disassembled, then it can be sent to them for replacement.)

Thanks in advance.

AC

Thanks. Did that, but would you believe it does not say anything, it just talks about "The Warranty".

I guess its something like 1 Year or 3 years, but there must be some users out there that have done some kind of return with Testors in the recent past..

Standing by.

AC

I could be wrong, but I believe it is a life-time warranty....

I believe this is correct. the catch is if you have "opened it up" yourself in which case its void. I sent mine out and a few weeks later it returned looking great, But I still havnit used it. This story wasnt to waste your time but to show the time it will be away! LOL

Testors website gave me all the info I needed

I might be mistaking but Testors has stepped back from offering lifetime warranties on their Aztec airbrushes. Now I think it is a limited 90 day warranty. They don't even mention warranty in their promotional materials anymore.

These seem to have their lovers and haters. When they are working, they work beautifully, but when they don't most I know switch over to some other brand that is less finicky and easier to service on ones own.

I'd read that warranty card carefully. They might just warranty the materials, not the airbrush itself...improper assembly at the factory as an example.

I once had an issue with a tool, had a lifetime warranty. The company was happy to repair or replace, but to ship it (at my own expense both ways!) was ridiculously expensive. It was an expensive tool and had to be insured as well as tracked during shipment to the overseas destination. Worked out that that cost was more than I paid for it, and cheaper as well for replacing it with a competitors brand new one. It ended up being tossed and replaced!

Hi all. I need to find out the length of the Warranty for the Testors A470 airbrush body. Anyone know?

(I recall that as long as it's within warranty, and never disassembled, then it can be sent to them for replacement.)

Thanks in advance.

AC

Did you call them? http://www.testors.com/contact_us It may depend on your airbrush's time of manufacturing.

Called them today:

Answer: A470 is warrantied for 3 years, with no dissassembly.

Thanks all!

Adam

What information did Testors ask you to determine the length of warranty? The oldest A470 has life time. I wonder whether it is still 3 years if you buy one A470 today. Testors refuse to put any warranty policy information on their product pages.

Edited by Kei Lau

What information did Testors asked you to determine the length of warranty? The oldest A470 has life time. I wonder whether it is still 3 years if you buy one A470 today. Testors refuse to put any warranty policy information on their product pages.

If you had the life warranty then Testors will honor it but your replacement will only have the 3 year one...been down this road

When I got mine (10-odd years ago) it was a life time warranty. Of course I have lost the warranty card long ago, will they know if it is old enough to be in the "lifetime waranty" scheme from just looking at the body?

Arnaud

When I got mine (10-odd years ago) it was a life time warranty. Of course I have lost the warranty card long ago, will they know if it is old enough to be in the "lifetime waranty" scheme from just looking at the body?

Arnaud

Yes, they have a way of telling which ones are lifetime and which are the new three year warranty.

Edited by Scooby

If you had the life warranty then Testors will honor it but your replacement will only have the 3 year one...been down this road

That is NOT a life time warranty if it ends like that. It is more accurately called a one-time replacement warranty.

I might be mistaking but Testors has stepped back from offering lifetime warranties on their Aztec airbrushes. Now I think it is a limited 90 day warranty. They don't even mention warranty in their promotional materials anymore.

These seem to have their lovers and haters. When they are working, they work beautifully, but when they don't most I know switch over to some other brand that is less finicky and easier to service on ones own.

Gerald is correct. They stopped the Lifetime Warranty a year or so ago. So it depends on the vintage.

Max Bryant