Here is my T-72 from Tamiya I built some time ago. The kit is excellent and the assembly went on with no major issues.

Built mostly straight out of the box with the exception of the tow cables and I scratch-built the interior.

01.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

21.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by arc01

Looks pretty nice. How about some pics that show the interior? In-progress pics would be nice too.

Thanks!

I can't find any in progress pictures, I built it a few years ago, but here are some shots of the interior (sort of.)

When I say "interior", I mean that I put some left over resin bits so when the hatch is open there is something, not just an open hole.

It is more of a suggestion that there is something there. It is by no means authentic representation of the interior of the T-72.

I have no idea what's inside a T-72.

13.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

14.jpg

Edited by arc01

Thanks guys!

The overall green is Model Master "Russian armor green".

The dark camo pattern is freehand mixture of Tamiya's Black green darkened with black.

Scratches were made with Vallejo's acrylic and a pointy brush.

At the end I used Micro Mark's weathering set, mixed with mineral oils for the dust and mud.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks guys!

The overall green is Model Master "Russian armor green".

The dark camo pattern is freehand mixture of Tamiya's Black green darkened with black.

Scratches were made with Vallejo's acrylic and a pointy brush.

At the end I used Micro Mark's weathering set, mixed with mineral oils for the dust and mud.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks, was the "Russian armour green" straight out the bottle or did you lighten it?

Thanks, was the "Russian armour green" straight out the bottle or did you lighten it?

I lightened the green a bit with Yellow until it kinda looked right. I used the whole batch because once I've mixed a color, I can never repeat it again.

I forgot to mention, the white decals (The numbers, the insignia etc,) were treated with very thin coat with Tamyia Buff applied on several layers to simulate

accumulated fine dust. The key is "misting" very thinned paint again and again until the desired effect is achieved.

Edited by arc01

I lightened the green a bit with Yellow until it kinda looked right. I used the whole batch because once I've mixed a color, I can never repeat it again.

I forgot to mention, the white decals (The numbers, the insignia etc,) were treated with very thin coat with Tamyia Buff applied on several layers to simulate

accumulated fine dust. The key is "misting" very thinned paint again and again until the desired effect is achieved.

Excellent, thanks for the help with the green, I need a similar colour for at least two projects.

This T-72 really looks the part.