Battle of Britain Spitfire Mk I

Greetings all!

I'm working on the 1/72 Tamiya Spitfire Mk. I. I'm hoping to model a Spitfire known to have been piloted by one of the 7(?) American pilots known to have flown in the RAF in the summer of 1940.

I am having great difficulty in finding profiles and/or pictures of any such aircraft, and thus, I am seeking the assistance of any Spitfire fans/historians in this forum.

All help appreciated!

Thank you,

Tobin, Keough & Mamedoff flew with 609 Squadron; Art Donahue flew K9991 & X4018 with 64 Squadron.

At one stage Tobin flew R6699 PR-L, and damaged it taxying into a parked Blenheim.

Mamedoff flew PR-A L1082 (years ago I worked with the former rigger of that airframe,) which was damaged 24-8-40; dating from August 1939, L1082 carried its serial in 2" letters above the fin flash.

Hugh Reilley was killed in R6800 LZ-N, by Molders, 17-10-40.

Edgar

An earlier American Spitfire pilot killed was I.B.N "Hack" Russell, who had served a short-service commission with the RAF in the 1930s and returned to serve with 607 Sq (Hurricanes) in the Battle of France. He was then posted to 609 Sq (Spitfires) and was shot down and killed over Dunkirk 31st May 1940, as a Flight Commander with a dozen kills and a DFC.

Source: Franks, The Air Battle of Dunkirk.

Edited by agboak