Not Another MUSTANG !

I've had a couple of decal set from various makers for some time and it was a toss-up which set that I would use..so seeing as I like lottsa colour...!

I got hold of a Tamiya P-51D Korean War version and it is a beautiful kit. No flash, no seam filling, no real challenges (other than having to "layer" all those decals.

Starting with the cockpit, I painted and assembled it with reference to the "Sweating Beaver" info sheet..missing the small instrument decal in the kit. The only after-market other than the decals was the addition of an Ultracast seat.

Barney

MustangIV001.jpg

MustangIV002.jpg

MustangIV003.jpg

The wings fit together perfectly after painting and installing the nicely detailed wheel wells.

MustangIV004.jpg

The fuselage went together without a problem; the wings fit perfectly and it was ready for paint.

I chose to model a 442 Sqn Mustang IV flown by S/L Mitchell Johnston on the last sorty of WW2 which meant a BMF using Alclad II of various shades over a base coat of Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black.

MustangIV006.jpg

This project has gone very quicky with paint and decals finished, it needed a bit of loght weathering...exhaust stain only as it was the boss's macine.

The IPMS Canada "Sweating Beaver" decals are very thin and many are layered which is a big challenge for someone with a bad eye and no depth perseption.

Barney

MustangIV007.jpg

MustangIV010.jpg

MustangIV011.jpg