AMT 1:12 1937 Cord, Supercharged 812

Hello everyone~! This is what Miccara has been waiting for: How will I build his model - the Cord Supercharged 812?

I don't have a definite answer but I WILL give it my best effort.

Starting this thread off with the kit. Parts are intact and in good condition.

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

Upon closer examination I found broken pieces from the bottom part of the car.

DSCN0401.jpg

(THUD!)

Did someone fainted? :P

No worries; it's fixed now.

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

More will be updated. Stay tuned buds~!

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Got the parts Jack. I'm in the middle of an F4 build but will try to fabricate something for you just after Christmas, if that works for you...

That's great news. Take your time with the fabrication Miccara, and good luck on your Phantom build; eager to see it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My progress so far ...

2012-05-01193432.jpg

2012-05-01193534.jpg

The engine as I commenced this grand and sacred project - sacred because I WILL take my time building it and will do further research on every detail of the model as I go.

Some of you will notice that I assemble the parts on one frame and detach them on the next. That's because I wanted to make sure that the parts go together neatly and perfectly.

2012-05-01193616.jpg

"B67034" ... what's that? :huh:

2012-05-01193627.jpg

Nice assembly ...

2012-05-01193729.jpg

A combination of course and fine sanding with sticks (#30501 and #30502 respectively) solves the fitting problems nicely.

2012-05-01193808.jpg

Even though this part will be concealed in the future it still bothers me when it is hollow.

2012-05-01193916.jpg

Edited by Jack Bogart

Cutting some styrene from my stash of scrap, outlined the shape by pencil, cutting it by scissors, then painstakingly trimming the extras off to make it fit into the flushed areas.

2012-05-01194032.jpg

2012-05-01194108.jpg

2012-05-01194117.jpg

More to trim; half a circle for one add-on.

2012-05-01194254.jpg

Easy enough ...

2012-05-01194422.jpg

... to make it fit and stand without glue.

2012-05-01194442.jpg

2012-05-01194524.jpg

The result speaks for itself.

2012-05-01194738.jpg

To be continued ...

Jack, Jack, Jack my friend.... I forgot all about your part... it's in my desk drawer and I will start it this week and get it to you! lol! I was so happy to finish that friggin' F4, I forgot about it! Although I didn't finish the F4 until pretty much the end of February... about 3 months longer than I estimated.

Larry

Jack, Jack, Jack my friend.... I forgot all about your part... it's in my desk drawer and I will start it this week and get it to you! lol! I was so happy to finish that friggin' F4, I forgot about it! Although I didn't finish the F4 until pretty much the end of February... about 3 months longer than I estimated.

Larry

No worries! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jack,,

How is it hanging....Is the bench calling ya ? :monkeydance:

HOLMES,

It's calling me like you calling me here. :P

Hang on while I straighten things on my side; my father is currently ill so that takes priority. Will be back on the Cord.

HOLMES,

It's calling me like you calling me here. :P

Hang on while I straighten things on my side; my father is currently ill so that takes priority. Will be back on the Cord.

oH Jack I am sorry to hear that..I hope he gets well soon...MY PRAYERS AND THOUGTHS are with you and your family..

Godspeed to a good healthy recovery.

• 8 months later...

Finally found this thread. Now to bring it back online and finish the Cord.

It was a long hiatus but now with enough research, tools, and resources I can now attempt to finish this model ....

Hey Miccara are you still out there? I sent you a PM regarding that piece I had mailed back to you. Almost done with the engine and getting close to the step where I needed the part back. Lemme know pal! :)