su-24 1/48 trumpter

great paint job, very nice overall weathering.

loose nozzle, slightly bent pitot and static discharcher...maybe handle with care? :whistle:

that being said, i (personally) wouldn't have put Su-33 decals on... as you were so close to a realistic looking model...

Very well weatherd Fencer. Especially the top weathering looks realistic.

Cheers, Evert

You really consider this weathering realistic? Can show though one Су-24 in such condition, or you think that in Russia all planes as from a dustbin?

Here approximately so should look intensively flying and it is far not new Su-24.

3b3fafe3a070fc7ddf58fca5df1adc9b.jpg

Since it is posted in critique corner, here is what i think...

1: Fine that the markings are what if, but that weathering... Well, that is What If for sure. It is not close to being what i would view as realistic (realistic means it is actually possible). Su-24 isn't made out of rusty nails, it doesn't leak rust from every single panelline in perfect symmetry. Sorry, but that weathering is not close to be "realistic" as other people here seems to think. I have seen hundreds of pictures of Su-24, and i have never seen one weathered like that. Nazar has *worked* on Su-24's, i am pretty sure he has never seen one like that as well.

2: Exhaust, that has been pointed out, dont need to make more comments on that.

3: No navigation lights on the wings.

4: Rocket pods are not symmetrical.

I would have to second that everything looks a little too "tidy" in the weathering, not variable enough. I am no expert in the airframe however so I can't say it doesn't weather to that extreme.

Love the overall job however. How was the kit to build?

I agree with Berkut on this one. I built one last year, it's also here on ARC. The model itself looks like it is built very well but since this is the critique corner:

- Wing fences and large chaff boxes on the rear; They don't come with eachother. It's the fences only or the large chaff boxes only. Trumpeter has made this "mistake" but the correct parts (2 small intakes) are also in the box, not mentioned in the instructions. Only updated Fencers, with no wing fences on top, have the large boxes on the rear.

- Spoilers on the wings are open only when the plane is landing, not when standing on the ground and wings swept back.

- It looks like there are no seats in the cockpit?

You do not mention it but did you use any update sets on this one?

Ronald

Edited by Ronald1903

Some remarks from my friend...

Excellent job ! But not realistic. I seen many Su-24 during my service in russian air force, but not such dirty as this. I have a some remarks also about position of the slats and wings - slats may be extend only when wings fully deployed, and spoilers on the both sides can be in full up position when wings have a minimum angle (fully deployed or extended - i dont know how is correct concerning wings in english). Spoilers can be in up position during maintenance checks and for troubleshootings reasons. And I did never seen such variant of weapons load... But your Su-24 left a good impressions ! Best regards, Ivan.

Img2011-11-18055333.jpg

Img2011-11-18055008.jpg

Img2011-11-18054716.jpg

Img2011-11-18054646.jpg

Img2011-11-18053938.jpg

Img2011-11-18053656.jpg

Img2011-11-18055401.jpg

HI mates

Thank you all for your kind critiques

all you from russian air force have more sense than me

I use some photo to compare to modify the kit by my self

no aftermarket use in this su-24 project

it's huge and once a life project

I would never do such kit from trumpter twice since their inacuracy to shapes

so I follow my own mind to do a imaginary su-24

it's such a fascinating aircraft I always dreamed of

I combined several photos as references to weather this su-24 kit

I am heavy taste in russian aircraft

so it's like keep in museum for 15yrs

anyway ,thank you for all your comment and hot discussions on this topic and make me learn a lot

your right Berkut

i've never have the chance to get a close look to the real thing.

and i was wrong.there would only be an abandoned plane to wear such (kind of) weathering

don't know why, maybe i had that kind of bad image wandering in my mind...

su-24

maybe, my remembers where only based on low-rez pics...

I don't see anyone that crossed the line.

Me neither. You know however that current "fashion" is to make "stuff" heavily

influenced by "Spanish school of painting" and other "painting exercises on 3D styrene" with little or no regard to technical and historical

background-just a little "research", no need to be a "rivet counter".

"Eye candies", great workmanship? Yes, sure. Scale modeling? Hardly.

Cheers,

Mario

• 2 weeks later...