US Paratrooper D Day plus 3 1/9th Scale resin FINISHED

Hi everyone, here is my latest work in hand, this is a US Paratrooper on or around D Day, modifications added so far are to give hime some stubble, painting is on going and he has had the trousers worked on since these pictures were taken as have his cross eyes been corrected, ignore the rub marks etc as they will get sorted later.

I am working on fading his clothing in these, the jacket mainly is on the go...

All paints used are Vallejo Acrylics over an acrylic rattle can car primer... Have said DDay plus three because he is unshaven and unwashed :)

All painting is done by hairy stick :)

Hope you like.. :)

see new pics below :)

Edited by TonyT

Update, working on bits and bobs, added water bottle and doing hands, changed the background to hopefully make it stand out, intend to decal it, with Sgt stripes, union jack and airborne badges, also looking at a stencil or two such as the owners name and number on his jacket...

frontpara.jpg

rightpara.jpg

leftpara.jpg

rearpara.jpg

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you :)

Putting this one to bed before Christmas as a completed item, My intention is to do a little Diorama utilizing this one and the Warriors Para figure, but we will see.

I hope you like it..... size is 200mm or 1/9th for those that do not know.

Modifications include the addition of the netting to his helmet, first aid kit also on his helmet and a lanyard on his left shoulder for his para knife concealed in a pocket in the collar, facial stubble and the decals I printed, (Alps printed)

I rolled out some Magic sculpt on a chalked surface, applied the decals to the M/Sculpt, trimmed it to the decal size then applied the now thickened decal to the model and if needed trimmed or added a second decal over the top.... seems to work :)

Paradone1.jpg

Paradone.jpg

Paradone2.jpg

Paradone3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...