I'm going to be tied up with the N.A. Forces in Europe GB but I have some GT40s, IMSA/GTO Mustangs or Funny Cars I can build. What are the rules?

Subject just must be an actual racing car of any type. If it's not well documented then a picture of it will suffice or whatever. Cars, trucks, bikes, etc in all racing classes included. So pretty much everything you wrote should be fine. No whifs though so you can't take a livery from another car and put it on a different car unless it was actually used.

Subject just must be an actual racing car of any type. If it's not well documented then a picture of it will suffice or whatever. Cars, trucks, bikes, etc in all racing classes included. So pretty much everything you wrote should be fine. No whifs though so you can't take a livery from another car and put it on a different car unless it was actually used.

Does this apply to the entry level amatuer racing categories? Midgets, dirt track, vintage racing etc. You know the kind of racing a guy can still kind of get into without large amounts of sponsor money?

These cars do not tend to be well documented and seem like good what if fodder since they can literally just be a guy in his garage building them. It seems very different from what if Indy cars and such.

Edited by Aaronw

Does this apply to the entry level amatuer racing categories? Midgets, dirt track, vintage racing etc. You know the kind of racing a guy can still kind of get into without large amounts of sponsor money?

These cars do not tend to be well documented and seem like good what if fodder since they can literally just be a guy in his garage building them. It seems very different from what if Indy cars and such.

Yes, those are allowed, as long as you have a photo of the real car you are building. I know there have been some good dirt track and midget kits out lately. I've got one of the new Revell Midget kits that I might do for this build.

-Dave

I'm moving in Dec so not sure if I will be able to participate, but if I can, the Revell Midget kits are what I'm thinking of doing. They are really nice kits.

You've got a full year. Don't feel like you need to start right at the beginning.

You've got a full year. Don't feel like you need to start right at the beginning.

Ok, I assumed the usual 6 months. Last time around it took a good 6-8 months after the move before anything started coming of my work bench.

Ok, I assumed the usual 6 months. Last time around it took a good 6-8 months after the move before anything started coming of my work bench.

Yea we were going to have it follow basically the NASCAR racing schedule of Feb - Nov but we moved it up to start in Dec due to the new ARC Auto. So we'll still end at November again. Lots of time.

There will be a separate GB forum for it just like the other GB's that go on. From what I understand, all three main pages (ARC Air, ARC Auto, ARC Armor) will all funnel into the one forum. Kind of a one stop shopping deal. The GB will start on the 1st of Dec, so it should be open then. If not, feel free to use this thread to sign in and get started.

-Dave

Thats great! This should be a fun time and we should be able to crank out some great builds.

I think I will also build a Tamiya Porsche 962 and Tamiya Lotus Conventry F1 car ontop of my Shelby Cobra.

Clear 3 from the stash!