US Army Truck

Here are a couple of pics of my latest build a Modern US Army truck, i drove one of these when i served in afghanistan a few years back and wanted to add one to my collection

some things i wasnt happy with, like the cam job, and the colour i know is slightly off but what they heck it was a fun build.

011.jpg

010.jpg

and it fits well in my modern armoured vehicle collection.

craig.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty good. It needs some weathering though, it's way too clean. The weathering will help to blend the camo some too. It looks like you may have some alignment issues. The cargo bed looks crooked or something and the spare wheel holder looks to be falling over. It may be the angle of the pictures too.

Why is this in the Commercial Vehicle Forum under Autos though? It should be in the Modern Armor Forum. It is an M1078 LMTV, the modern 2 1/2 ton truck used by the US Army.

This is what happens when you break the forums into a couple thousand sub-forums with sub-forums under them.... :bandhead2:

Edited by HeavyArty
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your comments,

this truck is very close to the one i drove while i was deployed there were some technical differences though but pretty much the same vehicle, i placed it in the commercial vehicle section as it is a truck and not a armoured vehicle and i felt that it fitted best here,

i felt it came out ok, the spare trye rack is a little off centre as i did bump it but other than the minor things i think its pretty good.