So yeah...I actually started this build over 10 years ago and got in over my head...waited a few years, orked on it some more, tried some new techniques and got in over my head again. A year or two ago I started to work on it again and realised that because of the mediocre work I had done on it previously, it would take a lot of work to get it finished and it would never look right, so I decided to look past the mistakes, fudge some details and just get it finished!!!

So here are a few pics of the interior(remember..this was back when I was in grade 10!!!):

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

a few pictures of my first attempt at painting before i had my airbrush:

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

and finally...the progress over the past few months. It was this group build and all your amazing B-17's that got the juices flowing and I HAD to have mine finished as well

027.jpg

029.jpg

026.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Right now all I have to do is build the bomb bay doors structure, paint the lights and get the antennea's on. I know it is far from perfect, but it was either this, or just chuck it...it was too far gone to be saved into any show stopper.

I will have some finished pictures soon adn i will link the thread to this one.

Sean

Thanks for the comments Guys!!!

Stick save and a beauty.

Nothing wrong with that. The ugly duckling turns into a swan in the end after all!

and yes 'hammm, That is how I feel too. Instead of having an ugly half built model sitting on my building desk, I have a decent looking finished model sitting beside my 1/48th Lanc MkII. Now I just have to find room for the other "G", the "F" and the lanc MkX and the lincoln(all 1/48) I have in the stash :doh: lol.

I am currently working on the bomb doors, one is finished and one has been started...should have this finished in a week or so.

Sean

1/48 lincoln? Do tell, I dont know what kit this is, hell I gotta google the airplane!

Its the tamiya lancaster with the paragon conversion. Here is a link to the set clicky, and a pic of what I want to build!!! its the first and only one built in Canada.

lincoln.jpg

p_lanccanadian4.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000