With the launch of ARCArm, I thought it would be a good idea to have an armor group build. Does anyone have any ideas or want to be a mod for it? I think December 1, 2011 to December 1, 2012 would be a good time frame for it.

Well, there's the ever popular subject of German tanks 1939-1945...

Alternatively:

Cold War: 1945 - 1990

Modern Armour (say, anything 1990 to date)

Half Tracks (any era)

I would think if you want participation, a German theme might get the most response (most armour builders seem to have lots of these in the stash). Of course, there's lots of newer equipment also being released these days, so that might get a response too.

If you are thinking of a broader "theme" type GB - how about something like "Winter camo"?

None of these are original, but all correspond to kits that I personally have and are waiting to do.

Grant

Well, there's the ever popular subject of German tanks 1939-1945...

Alternatively:

Cold War: 1945 - 1990

Modern Armour (say, anything 1990 to date)

Half Tracks (any era)

I would think if you want participation, a German theme might get the most response (most armour builders seem to have lots of these in the stash). Of course, there's lots of newer equipment also being released these days, so that might get a response too.

If you are thinking of a broader "theme" type GB - how about something like "Winter camo"?

None of these are original, but all correspond to kits that I personally have and are waiting to do.

Grant

All great ideas!

Considering it would be the first group build of ARCArm I was thinking really broad such as World War II. Armor doesn't seem to be that popular here yet so it may be best to go really broad if we want to see a large amount of participation. World War II is also when we really started to see the development of armor.

All great ideas!

Considering it would be the first group build of ARCArm I was thinking really broad such as World War II. Armor doesn't seem to be that popular here yet so it may be best to go really broad if we want to see a large amount of participation. World War II is also when we really started to see the development of armor.

I agree - broad may be the best way to go for a first outing. Having said that, I do wonder if it would have any impact on participation. I see alot of names active on ARC that also appear to be active armour modellers on some of the other sites, so the "lack" of popularity may be due more to the fact that ARC was perceived as an "airplane" site than people not building armour as well.

Any interest out there? Any more ideas? Love/ hate what has been suggested? If we're looking at a December 1 start date, there is not alot of time.

I would also suggest limiting the time frame to 6 months (Dec 1/11 to June 1/12)

SoarinSukhoi - any interest in moderating/ co-moderating it?

I agree - broad may be the best way to go for a first outing. Having said that, I do wonder if it would have any impact on participation. I see alot of names active on ARC that also appear to be active armour modellers on some of the other sites, so the "lack" of popularity may be due more to the fact that ARC was perceived as an "airplane" site than people not building armour as well.

Any interest out there? Any more ideas? Love/ hate what has been suggested? If we're looking at a December 1 start date, there is not alot of time.

I would also suggest limiting the time frame to 6 months (Dec 1/11 to June 1/12)

SoarinSukhoi - any interest in moderating/ co-moderating it?

I don't frequent many forums. I just search Google for answers and wind up lurking. We just need to change that perception that ARC is only an airplane site.

We can start later. I just liked the timeframe of the ARCAuto group build. I want to run it at least till September 1, 2012 because of the holidays (and for me and probably others, spring semester.)

I'm new to this so I wouldn't want to be the main moderator, but I'm more than willing to be a co-moderator.

EDIT:

Some possible themes for this GB:

-World War II (possibly split into fronts)

-Cold War

-Modern (1990+)

-Half Tracks

-Wheeled Vehicles

-Anti-Aircraft

-Tank Destroyers

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know!

Some possible time frames for this GB:

-Dec 1/11 to Dec 1/12

-Dec 1/11 to Aug 1/12

-Jan 1/11 to Sep 1/12

-Feb 1/11 to Sep 1/12

If anyone has an other suggestions let me know!

Also, anyone willing to help moderate?

Edited by SoarinSukhoi

I would be willing to help moderate.

I have a couple of Sdkfz. 251/17 that I was about to start, but will hold off if we are going with a German theme.

As for the start time - I am good with anything, although pushing it into the Spring means that modelling time will start conflicting with home maintenance time...