Sigh, another modeller puts his entire stash on ebay

Depends what you mean by ripped off. Selling a large stash is never going to bring anywhere as much income as selling individually. Another modeler might be interested in a few specific items, it isn't going to be interested in paying for all the other stuff that they don't want. Probably be lucky to get 10% of what he has in it. Unfortunately, that's just how it is.

Sure looks like he is getting out of the hobby all-together. Selling paint, air compressor, airbrushes, and all tools.

That is a small stash though. If my stash looked like that I wouldn't need the storage locker I have. :doh:

he must have his reasons..Maybe his circumstances have changed...and so the stash has to go... <_<

I personally know of two keen modellers who were forced to sell their entire stashes including aftermarket stuff as a consequence of nasty divorces. In both cases I doubt if the ex-wife wanted her half of the proceeeds; rather she wanted to hurt him and do it with legal approval.

Shane

I personally know of two keen modellers who were forced to sell their entire stashes including aftermarket stuff as a consequence of nasty divorces. In both cases I doubt if the ex-wife wanted her half of the proceeeds; rather she wanted to hurt him and do it with legal approval.

Shane

Women, eh? Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em either.

Vince

If my future turns out as I plan I might very well do the same as he is doing...

I dont relish the shipping costs of getting it shipped over the continent to end up gathering dust in Russia or Germany

Actually he'd open himself up for a bigger profit if he would ship, buyer always pays for shipping, buy having his auction as pickup only he's limiting his market to the local customers only, not a smart move.

He might have cancer and wants to spare his wife the grief of getting rid of it herself.

Or it's his wife pretending to be him....maybe he ran off with a younger woman. :woot.gif:

Heck, if Mandie and I got divorced, she wouldn't make me sell The Stash...she'd take it for herself!

SN

Darn straight Steve, I would take your stash in lieu of alimony. I am that evil.

Mandie :monkeydance:

Edited by mandie

That video is one of my favourites....but I think it is particlualrly good because everyone has a UK accent.....something about the Brits always looking for the good things in a bad situation.

I knew you'd get/like it. :lol:

This is one of the reasons I don't stash anymore.

I know life circumstances can change in a heartbeat, so I only keep around that which I'm reasonably certain I can build and enjoy in the nearer term.

...SOMETIMES it seems to ME that one mans heartache is another mans JOY... <_<

And it is his first sale

I just hope he does not get ripped off :(

So sad to see a modeller putting his stash up for sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260898392424?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I went back to see how this was doing and the seller from UK had a final winning bid of £920.00 Hope the buyer gets ALL of his things ... :woot.gif:

Edited by HOLMES