MORE VS-21 S-3B 1/48 Progress

The "Hoover" is coming along nicely! Did you serve on the Indy as well? I left before they painted our CAG bird with the black tail. I agree, it sure makes the aircraft stand out on the Flight deck! Is this the same aircraft they have restored at AMARC?

The "Hoover" is coming along nicely! Did you serve on the Indy as well? I left before they painted our CAG bird with the black tail. I agree, it sure makes the aircraft stand out on the Flight deck! Is this the same aircraft they have restored at AMARC?

Flew with VS-21 on Indy '96-'98, then crossdecked to the Kitty Hawk and went '98-'99 on her.

Was sad to see VA-115 leave when we crossdecked, it was great sharing an airwing with the A-6's.

Cheers

Collin

This going to be great if the work so far is any indication of what's to come.

Nice work so far on the Viking. I always thought they were amazing aircraft. So sad to see them go. Can't wait to see more progress on your build! :cheers:

I agree the "Hoover" was a classic birdn and like all other aircraft that have been sent to AMARG (or met the AMARG version of the "Turk", in the case of the Tomcat) as long as folks like us do miniature replicas, They will never be gone. Some have almost met that fate, the F-59 comes to mind. I know of only one at and it's at the MARB Museum.

• 3 weeks later...

You are right. After fighting with the decals and trying to keep them in once peice, I didn't risk moving them anymore letting them set up where they are.

When you build your S-3, don't make my mistake.

Cheers

Collin

I think you did a bang up job with those decals. With all the trouble you had with them I'm not sure if I'd have given it a cat shot. LOL

Who'd know better than you where those numbers went anyhow.

The more you do on this bird the more you are inspiring me, keep up the awesome work.