Hey guys. I'm not really an armor guy, but my Academy Bf 109 kit came with a Kettenkrad, and I finally got around to putting it together. I don't plan on spending a WHOLE lot of time on it, but I got to wondering- I generally know these were used for towing (be it field guns or airplanes) and whatnot, but were any of them ever equipped with any kind of mounted machine gun for the guy in the back? I figure I could scratch something up and make the kit "mine", rather than right out of the box.

Thanks!

Yeah....I was thinking something like one machine gun. Four seems a bit.... excessive.

I've seen this before. Again, it's a modern interpretation, lacking period authenticity:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/152/5/f/Kettenkrad_by_shelbs2.jpg

I've seen that mount on other kettenkrads as well, sans any kind of gun. 'course, I don't know what versions had this, or what it was used for (exactly). I'm a flying-thingy kind of guy- when it comes to this ground stuff I am COMPLETELY lost.