Ex Canadian FOOTBALLERS...

I don't know. Considering one of the guys became an actor and pro wrestler AFTER he got out of football, I have to wonder if maybe it was staged. Sure, the organizer of the talk says it wasn't. But, I have to wonder. At least the Lions won the Grey Cup THIS year in any event.

From what I've heard in the SF Bay area Joe Kapp was, and remains, a grade A jerk. I recall that for no known reason he developed an abiding dislike for a radio host when he was the coach for Cal and the radio station was the lead station for Cal football. He simply refused to talk with the host. He couldn't opt out of the broadcast so for that 5-10 minute segment they had to bring in a substitute host. I don't think it was faked.

From what I've heard in the SF Bay area Joe Kapp was, and remains, a grade A jerk. I recall that for no known reason he developed an abiding dislike for a radio host when he was the coach for Cal and the radio station was the lead station for Cal football. He simply refused to talk with the host. He couldn't opt out of the broadcast so for that 5-10 minute segment they had to bring in a substitute host. I don't think it was faked.

I saw the hit he was so upset about on TV last night, it wasn't bad at all. Perhaps in that era it was but by today's standard it wasn't very bad at all. It was unfortunate the player he hit was injured.

Joe Kapp started all of the crap and if you watched the entire video he didn't let it go. I bet he was in downtown Vancouver during the riots leading the groups in the mayhem.

...AND ALL this animosity due to a 1963 incident on the football pitch Field..WOW !!!

How bad was that 1963 incident I WONDER..?

It wasn't actually that bad. But it knocked one of Kapps key players out of the game and The tiger-Cats (Mosca's team at the time) went on to win the Grey Cup. The general feeling is that the Lions were heavily favoured to win until Mosca's hit. I've seen a lot of Mosca's film on the Classic Sports channel here... he had a lot more vicious hits than this one.

Edited by RiderFan

That was like watching the male version of a couple of old ladies dueling with handbags.

I don't doubt it was staged.

It wasn't staged. You need to know the two personalities involved. Grey Cup rivalries run very, very deep in this country.

Well, in that case, Mosca should have retaliated and hit him like he meant it (either wrestling or with a tackle). That probably would have ended the fight really quick because sometimes there is only ONE way to deal with a jerk. ;)

Thats right Mosca became a wrestler after his CFL career ended. Sure look like geriatric Maple Leaf wrestling when the other old guy slugged Mosca :rofl:

Hey... Mosca thwacked Kapp with a cane first. :P Well, we won it in '64. :woot.gif:

“Throughout the proceedings prior to me being on stage he’s mouthing obscene statements to me,” said Kapp. “I’m into his bleeping game now, cussing and swearing.

“I took the flowers that were on our table and used it as an olive branch. I offered the olive branch and I got clubbed on the side of my head. What I did to him was nothing. I defended myself. He hit me with a goddam hammer.

“I’m not going to let it pass. What do you want me to do, turn the other cheek? The reaction I had was my reaction. I don’t want to fight. I’m sorry; that’s how anybody would respond,” he said.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Kapp+claims+acted+self+defence/5786075/story.html#ixzz1fDdBj8Wn

Hey, Since I'm a die-hard Lions fan, you're gonna have to forgive me, but I'm taking Joe's side here.

Edited by The_Animal