Had no trouble at all on my 1/32 P-47N. I think I used a combination of wood sticks, plastic sticks and some times metal. Used Hobby Decal stencils straight on bare Alclad. You havin' trouble getting the to stick or ???

You havin' trouble getting the to stick or ???

Only about 20% sticks. The decals are about 5 years old, that could be a problem but they have remained in a controlled environment. Humidity is low this time of year, not sure if that could play an issue. Wonder if I can get a better temp/humidity combination....I do plan on spraying a semi gloss clear after I put the water slides on. Maybe I can add the transfers just after the clear dries and possibly soft.

Only about 20% sticks. The decals are about 5 years old, that could be a problem but they have remained in a controlled environment. Humidity is low this time of year, not sure if that could play an issue. Wonder if I can get a better temp/humidity combination....I do plan on spraying a semi gloss clear after I put the water slides on. Maybe I can add the transfers just after the clear dries and possibly soft.

I've heard that age may be an issue, though I haven't gotten confirmation on that from Kim (HobbyDecal). I just asked him about this a few days ago.

The transfers work best on a flat finish. Like I said, I had no trouble with my P-47, but then I was applying them the same day they showed up in the mail. You might try getting them warm, probably with a hair dryer or over a forced air heating vent or something. I'm pretty sure I've read that having them warm can help.

The pictures are kind of small, but here's the article I wrote on my -47 on which I used the dry transfers. Used em on bare Alclad, and never put anything over them.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/artman/publish/aviation/Trumpeter-1-32-P-47N-Thunderbolt.php