Hi!

Try the Olimp Models company from Ukraine, They have just released three different versions of the FH-1 Phantom I in 1/72.

I see they've released kits of the F2H Banshee, but that is a totally different aircraft.

For 1:48 Collect-Aire released a kit. See a review here.

As great looking as those kits are,,,,they are not FH-1, they are three different versions of the F2H-2, it would be quite difficult to convert a Banshee into a Phantom

there were more kits than just the MPM, but, I have no idea what quality of model you'd get from the Airmodel, Formaplane, Griffin, or O'Neill kits,,,,,at least the MPM kit is injected plastic

The MPM kit is the only kit AFAIK. Its okay, but you need to do quite a bit of work to get it acceptable. The cockpit needs a few details (the seat is waaaay overscale but can be cut down.)

2oo1.jpg

2oo2.jpg

The intakes are non-existent, (the yellow is my putty addition )

2o3.jpg

2o2.jpg

2p3-3.jpg

...as are the wheel bays. I had to scratchbuild all of those. The Gears are actually pretty good.

2o9.jpg

2R3.jpg

Buuut, after a bit of work you get a nice model.

2p7.jpg

2p2-3.jpg

2p9.jpg

Edited by -Neu-
The MPM kit is the only kit AFAIK.

As noted in prior posts the MPM kit is not the only FH-1 available. There are others available in 1:144' date=' 1:72 and 1:48. I do agree that the MPM kit needs some work. Supposedly the "upgraded" kit with resin bits is better, but I only had the basic kit from which to work. Here it is compared with the Academy F2H-3/4 "Big Banjo":

[img']http://i42.tinypic.com/erwx2s.jpg[/img]

oops, I sorta fibbed,,,,,,I do know what the Griffin model looked like all built up, there are two pics in the Ginter FH-1 book's review section,,,,it is the O'Neil kit that I don't know the appearance of

the Formaplane kit appears to be in the "don't bother to seek one out" category, it was the Vacuform alternative to the Griffin, back in 1981

There was a 1/48 scale vac kit made by VP Canada. It had some resin parts as well. The pressings are very nice (although in thin styrene) and seem to be quite accurate.

I have one...

No you can't have it....

Harold