• 3 weeks later...

Update time!!:

no pictures, but I have all the decals on and the weathering done. I am waiting to get the details of the AN-124 done so I can flat coat that, this and a Storch all at the same time. Few weeks maybe and I should have it all finished. Life can really get in the way sometimes.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

picture time!

The silver parts getting painted:

031.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

and fully painted with *most* decals on. there are still a few more to go when this picture was taken. I probably wont post any more until it is all done, but it will make in time for the end of the group build:

036.jpg

037.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

thanks for looking,

Sean

• 4 weeks later...

picture time!

030.jpg

thanks for looking,

Sean

Hi Sean.

The interior of the airbrake bays is normally green zinc chromite. Not silver. Also, on CF-104's they're always closed unless undergoing maintence. You won't find any photos of aircraft just sitting on the ground with those brakes open unless some tech has his head stuck inside.

Looking good though.. building Starfighters can be a bit addictive. I probably have more CF-104 kits in my stash (in various scales) than any other aircraft.

thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan
  • 2 weeks later...