At some point here I'll be building this...

RammkommandoELBE-wentz1200.jpg

B-17 43-39126 Lt. William Bud Wentz

On 7.April Lt. Wentz's a/c was seriously damaged by the Bf 109 of Uffz. Klaus Hahn. He landed on a German airfield which had been occupied the same morning by US Army. Up to now he airfield couldn't be identified. On the same airfield he found a B-17 with which he flew back three hours later to his base Lavenham.

I was asked by the local museum to build it as Mr Wentz is a fellow donator to the museum and they don't have a representation of his aircraft.

DSCN3093.jpg

This is Mr Wentz with me when the Collings Foundation was at the museum last August. He was there signing photos as well. The 17 in front was another of the ones I've donated to the museum.

Not sure when I'll start and I'll need either some custom decals or try n mask and paint it all which I'm not keen on.

SWEET! do they sell A1s without ERA or is this the only way?

I'm excited to see this.

The ERA does not have to be attached on to the kit and there are two versions without it, the US Army in Germany and an Austrian one.

The other two versions, US Marine Corps, Desert Storm and the Italian Army in Somalia have ERA.

Revell also do a M60 A3 with a M9 Bulldozer kit on it.

Deacon

I quite fancy doing a Spang Hunter killer team, consisting of an F-4E and F-4G in 1/72nd scale. Details to be sorted later as I'm doing a couple of builds at the moment (Christmas build 2 and a superdetailed 1/48th F-4G).

Ted

Hi,

Maybe I can transfer my 91st BG B-17G to the GB.

It's a model I started on for the B-17 group Build, but all I have done is painting the rear inner fuselages aluminium and painting the prop blades black.

It's a 1/72 Hasegawa B-17G to be built as "Madame Shoo Shoo" of the 324th BS of te 91st BG.

I might also build the new RoG B-17G as a 303rd BG aircraft.

Yeah, I know...my plate is getting very full. ..

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi Stefan.

I've been discussing that with Pete and you're welcome to move your thread there. All you have to do is either create a new thread here or ask the "Super Mods" (SBARC etc.) to move your thread, it's up to you.

Clement.

Hi Stefan.

I've been discussing that with Pete and you're welcome to move your thread there. All you have to do is either create a new thread here or ask the "Super Mods" (SBARC etc.) to move your thread, it's up to you.

Clement.

Thanks.

I'll start a new thread here, I don't think I even started a thread for that B-17G. I may just have mentioned that I was going to build it and that I had painted the props.

Let's hope I do better with the F-15C, F-111F, M-60A3 and B-17G's here.

Cheers, Stefan.

Late as usual ! I'm starting:

Rhein-Main C-97G,

Rhein-Main RB-57D,

RAF Sculthorpe RB-45C,

RAF Bentwaters F-4D,

Victor Alert F-4D (probably a 50thTFW bird from Hahn AB).

Haydn.

I would like to add my current project, a f-100d of the 493rd TFS, 48th TFW, Based in France, 1959. Building the Trumpeter 1/72 kit with decals provided in the box and using an Eduard PE set.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post as a member of the forum. I received a 1:32nd scale Kinetic F-86 Sabre kit for Christmas from my sister-in-law and this will be my first build since I was about 12 years old (I'm 61 now). My wife and her sister lost their father about 18 months ago and I am building this as a tribute to him. He flew Mk5 and 6 Sabres with the RCAF in Europe from 1956-58 with 434 Sqn, No. 3(F) Wing based in Zweibrucken. On Sept. 19, 1957, he was "flying Number Four in a four-plane section" in A/C No. 534, cruising at 35000 feet when he experienced an "electrical failure & flameout". He performed a textbook forced landing at Spangdahlem and walked away from it. His account of this was published in the Nov/Dec issue of Flight Comment, entitled "Heads-Up Flying". I plan on building this exact A/C from pictures and archive info I have been able to find. Wish me luck!

BD

Welcome aboard, BD!

That's quite a big step you're taking with this. Hopefully we'll be able to provide you with some help and tips. Looking forward to seeing the pics. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard, BD!

That's quite a big step you're taking with this. Hopefully we'll be able to provide you with some help and tips. Looking forward to seeing the pics. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Pete. I will definitely be hitting people up for help with this, esp. in the painting department. I bought my first airbrush kit today and am looking forward to trying it out (before I paint this kit, btw). :)

I'm in with a Bitburg F-15C. I'll be using a Hasegawa 1/72 F-15J kit that I'll be building as a "C" model. For decals I'll be using the new TwoBobs sheet that I got from the Shark Mouth GB raffle. Not sure which one I'll be doing yet, but I've got my eye on one of the tiger tailed MiG killers.

-Dave

On Sept. 19, 1957, he was "flying Number Four in a four-plane section" in A/C No. 534, cruising at 35000 feet when he experienced an "electrical failure & flameout". He performed a textbook forced landing at Spangdahlem and walked away from it.

I plan on building this exact A/C from pictures and archive info I have been able to find. Wish me luck!

BD

Good Luck with this Kinetic Sabre, BD.

There are more than one Sabre fanatic here on ARC ready and willing to help you out and 'get it right'. You would be building a Sabre 6 (23534) and by that time frame would have had leading edge slats installed on the wings. If your kit has wing fences, you can just leave them off and scribe in some slats.

Your pic posted of your father-in-law shows a/c 487, an early Mk 6 still sporting a hard leading edge with wing fences. Beautiful example of an early Sabre 6.

We'll be cheering you on ! Don't hestitate to ask for any reference help by posting or private message.

Model on !!

Tony

Good Luck with this Kinetic Sabre, BD.

There are more than one Sabre fanatic here on ARC ready and willing to help you out and 'get it right'. You would be building a Sabre 6 (23534) and by that time frame would have had leading edge slats installed on the wings. If your kit has wing fences, you can just leave them off and scribe in some slats.

Your pic posted of your father-in-law shows a/c 487, an early Mk 6 still sporting a hard leading edge with wing fences. Beautiful example of an early Sabre 6.

We'll be cheering you on ! Don't hestitate to ask for any reference help by posting or private message.

Model on !!

Tony

Thanks a lot, Tony. My info jives with yours regarding a/c 534. The kit does not have slats tho it does have flaps included. Do you have any pics of the slat lines or a build showing them? Trying to cut out the slats from the existing wings is beyond my expertise I think, lol. Thanks!

BD