Thanks a lot, Tony. My info jives with yours regarding a/c 534. The kit does not have slats tho it does have flaps included. Do you have any pics of the slat lines or a build showing them? Trying to cut out the slats from the existing wings is beyond my expertise I think, lol. Thanks!

BD

BD, go to the Jet Modelling forum under the Archived Topics, and in the Master Pinned section, do a search for Canadair Sabre wings and a boatload of info should pop-up. Also, check out last year's 'On Canadian Wings' GB, some Sabre builds there.

Scribed in closed slats would be fine for your Sword. They were sometimes pushed closed on the ground, however they opened by gravity.

Good luck,

Edited by Snowbird3a

BD, go to the Jet Modelling forum under the Archived Topics, and in the Master Pinned section, do a search for Canadair Sabre wings and a boatload of info should pop-up. Also, check out last year's 'On Canadian Wings' GB, some Sabre builds there.

Scribed in closed slats would be fine for your Sword. They were sometimes pushed closed on the ground, however they opened by gravity.

Good luck,

Thanks again Tony! I will check it out.

BD

Good Luck with this Kinetic Sabre, BD.

There are more than one Sabre fanatic here on ARC ready and willing to help you out and 'get it right'. You would be building a Sabre 6 (23534) and by that time frame would have had leading edge slats installed on the wings. If your kit has wing fences, you can just leave them off and scribe in some slats.

Your pic posted of your father-in-law shows a/c 487, an early Mk 6 still sporting a hard leading edge with wing fences. Beautiful example of an early Sabre 6.

We'll be cheering you on ! Don't hestitate to ask for any reference help by posting or private message.

Model on !!

Tony

I stand corrected. With the other photo posted of Larry with A/C 487, it is obvious that the slats had been retrofitted to the wing by this time. A bit hard to tell from the front.

Tony

Hello everyone,

I propose my entry to this group build which is my first ever group build participation.

Republic A-10A Thunderbolt from 511 TFS, 10 TFW based on RAF Alconbury in summer 1991 after returning from deployment to the Gulf.

The 1/72 Revell kit has been lingering around in my stash for about a decade and the present group build is a welcome motivation to get it finally started.

It will be built out of the box, with the above mentioned unit decals which are contained in the boxing. No AM goodies are planned to be included at this time.

IMAG0148.jpg

Regards,

Andy

Edited by Dotcom

I'm in with a Bitburg F-15C. I'll be using a Hasegawa 1/72 F-15J kit that I'll be building as a "C" model. For decals I'll be using the new TwoBobs sheet that I got from the Shark Mouth GB raffle. Not sure which one I'll be doing yet, but I've got my eye on one of the tiger tailed MiG killers.

-Dave

Hello everyone,

I propose my entry to this group build which is my first ever group build participation.

Republic A-10A Thunderbolt from 511 TFS, 10 TFW based on RAF Alconbury in summer 1991 after returning from deployment to the Gulf.

The 1/72 Revell kit has been lingering around in my stash for about a decade and the present group build is a welcome motivation to get it finally started.

It will be built out of the box, with the above mentioned unit decals which are contained in the boxing. No AM goodies are planned to be included at this time.

Regards,

Andy

Welcome aboard Dave and Andy! I'm looking forward to those builds.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a full meal 72nd Apache that Im about to start. I am getting decals via RotorheadTX that come from the Mirage IFOR/Bosnia kit. Would this be an acceptable build or did it have to be based in Europe for longer?

The kit will be the Academy kit but I'll be using the Mirage decals.

If not I'll do my wip in the general in progress forum.

I won't know anything about it till I get the sheet. All I specified I wanted in decals were US markings and a green Apache.

Here's the box art probably what the decals are for as well...

108190-b.jpg

Wiki link for IFOR

HERE

TBH I know nothing about it.

Real pic HERE

Edited by Bigasshammm

I did a little research, and it looks like you're good to go.

This is the kit you're getting. It has options for a 2/227 (2nd Battalion/227th Aviation Regiment)and a 3/227 (3rd Battalion/227th AR) Apache in the 1990's. The 2/227 was part of the 1st Armored Division from 1991 until 1997, and the 3/227 was with the 3rd Armored Division from 1987 until 1996. Both Divisions were based in Europe at the time.

I did a little research, and it looks like you're good to go.

This is the kit you're getting. It has options for a 2/227 (2nd Battalion/227th Aviation Regiment)and a 3/227 (3rd Battalion/227th AR) Apache in the 1990's. The 2/227 was part of the 1st Armored Division from 1991 until 1997, and the 3/227 was with the 3rd Armored Division from 1987 until 1996. Both Divisions were based in Europe at the time.

Sweet OK then count me in with that one and I hope to start soon. I'm not actually getting the kit just the decals from it. The kit will be Academy. Plus Eduard PE. Plus 3 different sets of ArmyCast resin parts, engines, detail set, and weapons.

I have everything on hand but the decals which should be on their way.

ok guys , would like to join in! Like many of you i grew up in the eighties and went to many airshows in those days. Always loved those USAFE jets! BT eagles, Hahn Vipers, Spang Weasels... great stuff :wub:

Yesterday i looked trough my stash and this came out:

Hasegawa F-4E with the AIRDOC decals, will built it as RS bird

Hasegawa F-15C with ASTRA decals, will be built as a BT bird

both 1/48

tonight i will start on the phantom and start taking some pics

Mark,

Here we go, after a little research, looks like I'll be doing a B-47E in the 97th Bomb Wing markings. The aircraft in particular is tail number 15214 since it seems to be the easiest to find documentation for. Kit will be the 1/72 Hasegawa B-47E built OOB. Markings will be from various sheets with all the common stuff on them, the unit specific markings will be homemade. Aircraft was assigned to RAF Upper Hayford in the spring of 1956. Thumbs up or down?

• 3 weeks later...

After clearing some builds from the last 2 months, decided to join the GB. Will be doing a F-4G Phantom 52nd TFW in Spangdahelm, circa 1987. Kit will be from Hasegawa PT 9 boxing and decals Xtradecal X005 sheet. :wave:

Id like to build a Dragon M1A1 AIM kit for this GB I was thinking one of the markings in the box was for a tank from Op Allied Force, but its actually for a tank stationed in Germany in 2003 from the 1st Infantry Division, still counts.

Id like to withdraw this entry and enter something different. Im worried I wouldnt have time to complete the Dragon Abrams kit in the alloted time. Will decide shortly on an aviation subject instead...

Edit: What, No CF-18s yet!!! will have to do something about that then...

Im entering a Hasegawa 1/48 CF-18A of 439 Sqn, using Leading 1992 Tigermeet decals and a Verlinden seat.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Edit: What, No CF-18s yet!!! will have to do something about that then...

Im entering a Hasegawa 1/48 CF-18A of 439 Sqn, using Leading 1992 Tigermeet decals and a Verlinden seat.

:lol:

Sounds good! If I had one, I would build a Canadian Hornet too.

Hi.

Is the Revell 1/144 kit F15A Tigermeet kit acceptable? Kit models 75-0053 (well, ATTEMPTS to model)

Yup, that one is good to go. :thumbsup:

Going to stay Canadian, 1 wing F-86 Sabre Mk6. In a Big 1/32 scale.

Yet to decide on 441 or 439 squadron.

Another 1/32 Sabre, eh? Will be cool to see all those big ones completed. :woo:

Actually, I think I might just do two Sabres.

1/32 Hasegawa will be 439 squadron as Mike is doing 441. Also in honour of Mike I might also do a 1/48 Hasegawa in 421 markings. Seeing as the airbrush will have the colours in the jars anyway.

Both will be done with Leading Edge decals.