Just to annoy Neo and Bigass I present.........

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104 with Belcher Bits decals, Belcher Bits Vicon pod and the wrong stand.

DSC_0811.jpg

This model represents a 439 squadron Starfighter based at Canadian Forces Base Baden-Soellingenin Germany 1972. Tiger scheme of course for the Tiger competition at the French Air force base at Cambrai France.

DSC_0815.jpg

Here is a bunch of Tigers, 1972, 1977 and I think 1992.

DSC_0816.jpg

Just to annoy Neo and Bigass I present.........

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104 with Belcher Bits decals, Belcher Bits Vicon pod and the wrong stand.

DSC_0811.jpg

pffft its not even a complete model .... there no landing gear!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, finished before the year ends!

Italeri 1/72 HH-53C, with Wolfpak decals. The kit fought me at every stage, and the decals needed a good deal of attention too. This kinda surprised me. Quality was good, but the placement guide was not very accurate.

Anyway, to the pics:

PC310619.jpg

PC310618.jpg

PC310617.jpg

PC310616.jpg

And for size comparison, with an OH-58D:

PC310613.jpg

On to the next kit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F-16C Block 25 84-1296, 496th TFS, 50th TFW, Hahn AB, Germany, late 1980's.

Hasegawa kit, with True Details seat (thanks Kris!), Decals from Superscale, Afterburner, Aeromaster and Twobobs.

F168.jpg

F169.jpg

F1610.jpg

F1611.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Well here she is. Definitely one of the more challenging builds I've done and my most ambitious 1/72 build yet. I find 1/72 to be extremely difficult but done well can look fantastic. I plan to buy a small mirror as a base and will place it on there but otherwise the build is complete and she's on a shelf.

c1f9dcdb.jpg

eb812613.jpg

10db4542.jpg

0d4e0686.jpg

4605ab6e.jpg

I'm gonna throw a critique forum thread up so it can be torn apart and I can learn from my mistakes. Two major flaws I know of, I primered over the canopy first instead of painting black over it. This leads to the interior of the canopy being white. Theoretically the canopy is not glued down so I could probably remove it and repaint the insides but I don't think I want to risk ruining anything.

Had some decal silvering problems, mostly my fault but I didn't really like the decals. They were nice and crisp just I guess more not what I'm used to using so I screwed them up a little.

I'll edit with link to critique thread which will have more pics.

K

edit:: MORE PICS

Edited by Bigasshammm
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, considering the amount of aftermarket you used, and 1/72 not being your favorite scale (I think?), this is looking excellent! I don't see a whole lot wrong with it, apart from the issues you already mentioned. Could it be that the gun is hanging a bit low to the ground because the landing gear is angled not quite right?

Definitly one to be proud off!

Hasegawa 1/32 scale. Took a lot of work and more rebuilding due to mistakes I made. See "How to destroy a perfectly good model"

Leading Edge decals and a stand for a 1/72 Tomcat which replace the landing gear I totally destroyed.

DSC_0498-1.jpg

DSC_0500-1.jpg

DSC_0501-2.jpg

DSC_0499-1.jpg