Grumman OV-1D Mohawk. 73rd Combat Intelligence Company, 2nd Military Intelligence Battalion, Stuttgart Army Airfield, West Germany

Roden kit, Cobra Company cockpit, Isradecal decals

P6011309.jpg

P6011310.jpg

P6011308.jpg

P6011311.jpg

Pete,

Real nice Job on the this bird and the F-4.

Congratulations to everyone! Some beautiful work here in the last 2 pages. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

High quality indeed, I wish I could be by my stash and tools right now! I really miss sanding, spraying and gluing!

I guess I should post my completed models.

In the end I completed five kits:

P-51D 354th Fighter Squadron. Postwar occupation force, Schweinfurt Air Base, 1946.

5G4.jpg

P-80B: 22nd Fighter Bomber Squadron, 36th Fighter Group, Furstenfeldbruck Air Base. 1950

5G2.jpg

F-16A Block 15 10th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn AB, 1982

5A18.jpg

F-16C Block 30 512th Tactical Fighter Squadron Ramstein AB, 1986

5A19.jpg

F-16C Block 40. 555th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Aviano AB, 1998.

5F3.jpg

Some group photos:

5F6.jpg

5D2.jpg

Edited by -Neu-
  • 4 months later...

Better late than never, this build is complete. You will note that I haven't shown the port gunbay in the finished build pics. That is because I can't get it open, lol. I will continue to try to pry it open and will add a pic when I do. I have a display place set aside for this build in tribute to my father-in-law and will also post a final picture when it is ready. Thanks for all your patience and to all of you who have been so supportive and viewed this thread so often. I appreciate all of your support and comments and hope you enjoy Sabre 534.

8149267581_1acf2d441b_b.jpg

8149266903_2aef3ca044_b.jpg

8149297534_de8b3b1b23_b.jpg

8149266563_9bd44c3af3_b.jpg

8149294524_f8dff0fb1c_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Don

Woohoo! Glad to see you finally finished the Sabre. I must say it looks great, definitly worth the wait.

Great job!

Hey, thanks, Pete. I was starting to wonder if anyone would notice. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Big Daddy

Very nice Don. You father in law would be proud. Sorry to see that some of the decals have silvered. That bites. The main markings look like they went down really well though.

Ya done good, buddy! :thumbsup:

Mike

Very nice Don. You father in law would be proud. Sorry to see that some of the decals have silvered. That bites. The main markings look like they went down really well though.

Ya done good, buddy! :thumbsup:

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I guess my Future coat wasn't smooth enough. I put a lot of Solvaset on them too. I have a spare set of decals from Leading Edge so I will likely strip them off and try again. Appreciate your input.

Don

Edited by Big Daddy