NEW Group Build Mod Team set up

I don't mean to be rude, but it feels like nothing has really changed and you guys just serve as a middleman. First a GB has to get your approval, and then it still has to get Steve's approval? Why not have you guys completely in charge of the group builds so Steve can attend to his other duties?

I don't think they have to get Steve's approval for anything. They just have to inform him of what to change and he'll make the changes.

There have been a ton of GB proposals lately. Need to start pushing some of them to 2013 or we'll flood the boards. This new team will handle everything so there's no need to worry.

There'll be some more Gbs starting the 1st and I think 1 or 2 just started this month so we'll see if Steve can't get the forums for those up right away. Plus a few are ending so they should be knocked to the finished GBs.

I don't think they have to get Steve's approval for anything. They just have to inform him of what to change and he'll make the changes.

There have been a ton of GB proposals lately. Need to start pushing some of them to 2013 or we'll flood the boards. This new team will handle everything so there's no need to worry.

There'll be some more Gbs starting the 1st and I think 1 or 2 just started this month so we'll see if Steve can't get the forums for those up right away. Plus a few are ending so they should be knocked to the finished GBs.

Ahh, ok. I still say the GB mod team should be able to set-up subforums in the GB forum and be able to move them around.

Ahh, ok. I still say the GB mod team should be able to set-up subforums in the GB forum and be able to move them around.

Patience my friend ! in time once we are all set up and a well oiled machine. Its only been a month + holiday season always slows things down.

:doh: What I'm trying to say is that Steve should give himself a break and less work to do by allowing you guys to be in charge of the GB forum.

Suomi?

I'll give up now. :doh:

EDIT: My GB isn't even till April.

He is which is why these guys exist now. But the ability to setup subforums and that would give a person the ability to change everything on the forum and Steve isn't prepared to give that power. Nor should he be this is his baby.

There's plenty of good GBs going on now. Start building!

Lost in all this shuffle I forgot I proposed the Sci-Fi GB some time ago. Maybe slate it for a Jan 1 2013 start? I'm in no rush, just remembered when I was in the basement and looked at my stack of SW models. I can mod it along with some help. Preferably a Trekky freak and someone else. Would cover everything including TV shows and whatnot. Cars, planes, ships whatever. Should be enough to exclude real space but we could always combine if needed.

I think thats a wonderful start date. I can't believe how many GBs are about to start tomorrow. Then a bunch come June. Best thing is your at the top of the line reservation wise come Jan 2013.

I would join your Sci Fi GB with a Klingon bird of prey. Or perhaps a bird of pray if I use the Baptist option.

• Pacific Theatre Group Build
  • Any aircraft, vehicles, ships, artillery, etc. that were used during the Pacific, China, Burma, India, etc. Theatre from 1937 to 1945
  • Time Frame: June 4th, 2012 (start of Midway) till January 12th, 2013 (first convoy started on Ledo Road linking India and China through Burma)
  • Moderators: SoarinSukhoi and Aaronw

Bumping this since I buried it with comments and suggestions.

Could we also if possible get a calendar posted that gives the timeframes for all the future Group Builds? It would be easier for some of us to visualize what is coming up and plan for it. I'm getting old and forgetful, a visual reminder would help me a lot!!

Don

:D, What about the Colourful Aerobatic Planes GB? We haven't seen anything on this one yet or if it has been announced officially could one of the GB coordinators please point me in the right direction? Today is supposed to be the 3rd day of the GB.

:cheers:,

Ross.

• 2 months later...

GB name: Memory Lane GB

Dis: Build and kit that brings back fond memroies of what got you into modeling in the first place, or say a good father son memory Revell/Mono kits, pinewood cars, balsa planes....whatever.

Time: 1 July 2012 to 31 Dec 2012

Mod: Rightwinger26