NEW Group Build Mod Team set up

I would like to propose a group build....

Name - "Yes, size DOES matter" GB

Description - Any 1:32nd scale (or larger) aircraft.

Start/End - 1/1/2013 - 9/1/2013 (I know GBs are typically 6 months, but due to the larger size I am suggesting a longer build time)

Moderators - PNW_Modeler (Hey, that's me!) and anyone else interested.

Edited by PNW_Modeler

I would like to propose a group build....

Name - "Yes, size DOES matter" GB

Description - Any 1:32nd scale (or larger) aircraft.

Start/End - 1/1/2013 - 9/1/2013 (I know GBs are typically 6 months, but due to the larger size I am suggesting a longer build time)

Moderators - PNW_Modeler (Hey, that's me!) and anyone else interested.

best thing to do is set up a pool in general discussion to see if there is interested members

ill put this in our forum so mods can vote on it Once we know there is interest

Love the idea btw hope theirs going to be interest

Cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

We had that one last year, increased it to a "reserve unit" build so other groups as Navy and other countries could be done. If I remember right I did a few for that GB.

Suggest it on the forums, list the mods and what YOU would like the rules to be. I would suggest much later this year or January..

My question in this thread would be "what qualifies as sufficient interest?" and what other factors decide whether a GB can happen. I ask just because I still think an "If it ain't Boeing I ain't going" GB would be pretty brilliant, with a wide array of potential subjects to cover all sorts of interests (subject: anything designed/built by Boeing, any era, civilian or military (not McD-D though)...

I found it! My link

There were since nice builds in there and maybe it's time for another.

I'm going to be occupied with my 68 Mustang for the next couple of months so I'll float the idea out there to the others and maybe get another GB going in the Fall or Winter.

My question in this thread would be "what qualifies as sufficient interest?" and what other factors decide whether a GB can happen. I ask just because I still think an "If it ain't Boeing I ain't going" GB would be pretty brilliant, with a wide array of potential subjects to cover all sorts of interests (subject: anything designed/built by Boeing, any era, civilian or military (not McD-D though)...

When we got started as GB mods we thought that for a GB to get the go, about 12 to 15 people would have to say yes in the proposal thread, and at least one mod to run the GB of course.

Your GB idea is a good one, and I see you now have 11 people who would possibly join too. So if you bump the thread and motivate people a bit (post pics, give cool examples, whatever), I think it could happen.

One thing though, since we're pretty full already with GB's for the rest of the year, you're probably looking at a start date around January.

Good luck! ;)

I found it! My link

There were since nice builds in there and maybe it's time for another.

I'm going to be occupied with my 68 Mustang for the next couple of months so I'll float the idea out there to the others and maybe get another GB going in the Fall or Winter.

Another ANG/Reserves GB sounds good to me.

Hello!

We over at the Latin American GB would like to extend our GB just a bit, is this possible?

How much extra time do you have in mind?

Wow Pete,

I put up a poll late last night and I already have 11 yes and 2 maybes. It hasn't even been 12 hours yet.

:thumbsup:

When we got started as GB mods we thought that for a GB to get the go, about 12 to 15 people would have to say yes in the proposal thread, and at least one mod to run the GB of course.

Your GB idea is a good one, and I see you now have 11 people who would possibly join too. So if you bump the thread and motivate people a bit (post pics, give cool examples, whatever), I think it could happen.

One thing though, since we're pretty full already with GB's for the rest of the year, you're probably looking at a start date around January.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks for the reply! I'll see what I can do in the way of motivation... ;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with a January start, it'd give everyone more time to come up with something interesting to build!

We voted, you have your extention.

Have to admit I was the evil one thinking of voting against, but in the end its 3 yes. You owe the other two guys a beer.

Edited by phantom
  • 5 weeks later...