This one isn't forgotten either. I'm just waiting for the canopy mask to arrive since I haven't been doing too well in that department.

1094.jpg

A fresh coat of Euro 1 Gray

1006-1.jpg

Since I bought this kit second hand I was surprised that most of the parts were there considering there was no box. Figured out that the pitot tube was missing so I have to wing something. Was thinking of wire with the insulation still on it.

1007-1.jpg

Some Medium Green.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, so the Hog has three colors on it now and I'm moving on with it but I'm not sure what ordnance would be hanging off the hard point. The kit has an ALQ-119, 2 Mk.20s, 1GBU-10, 1 GBU-8, 6 AGM-65s + 2 TERs and 12 Mk.82s with 2 of those double TERs. I also should have a few other odds and ends left over from Monogram Phantoms. Should I leave it naked for now and install the proper stuff later or just load it up like the instructions say?

1008.jpg

Looks good!

As for the loadout, forget the GBU-8 and GBU-10, these were never used operationally. Only since a few years smart weapons are in use, and only the 500lbs class bombs. Also, the double TER's you mentioned are called MER (Multiple Ejector Rack), and these were never used either. It doesn't really make sense either, a fully loaded MER weighs 3000lbs on bombs alone, so times two, that's 6000lbs the plane has to drag through the air. Not good over a battlefield where agility is needed. The TER's you mentioned for the Mavericks are called LAU-88 and can carry 3 Mavericks indeed, but two was more common. If only one Maverick per side was carried, they used a single launcher, called the LAU-117.

For some loadouts, check here, it gives you an idea of what was used operationaly.

Edited by Pete

I dug though my kits and found 11 jets (1 prowler and 10 Phantoms) in 1/48 but only one F-4J had TERs but they are molded to pylon. I'll have to figure out if I can get them off without mangling the TERs.

I also came to the realization that I have a lot of kits. They are mostly 1/72 but with a mix of 1/24-25 cars and 1/35 armor but I stopped counting Phantoms after 50.Spook.jpg

... but I stopped counting Phantoms after 50.

:thumbsup:

BTW, you can also mount Mk.82's directly to the pylons, but on TER's it does look cooler, yeah.

Looks good!

As for the loadout, forget the GBU-8 and GBU-10, these were never used operationally. Only since a few years smart weapons are in use, and only the 500lbs class bombs. Also, the double TER's you mentioned are called MER (Multiple Ejector Rack), and these were never used either. It doesn't really make sense either, a fully loaded MER weighs 3000lbs on bombs alone, so times two, that's 6000lbs the plane has to drag through the air. Not good over a battlefield where agility is needed. The TER's you mentioned for the Mavericks are called LAU-88 and can carry 3 Mavericks indeed, but two was more common. If only one Maverick per side was carried, they used a single launcher, called the LAU-117.

For some loadouts, check here, it gives you an idea of what was used operationaly.

When I built mine I learned that they only carry 3 Mavericks when they're ferryin them. Otherwise in operation they never carry one on the inner rail due to burning the landing gear. They may have modernized the missiles or launching system enough that this isn't an issue but it would only have been the last ten years or so I believe. That's only for the stations just next to the gear but I'm not sure they can carry the lau88 anywhere else.

I guess the Hog is done now other than the Mk.82s are drying and I should get a chance to put them on tommorrow. The liquid mask fogged up the canopy so I'm hopeing that it will clear up a bit with air on it. If not it maybe more Future will work.

1022.jpg

1024.jpg

1025.jpg

1026.jpg

1027.jpg