F-16F exhaust?

I am working on the Kinetic F-16F and the exhaust feathers come in 4 sections. I hope to tap into someone's experience with the same thought that I am having. I am looking for a "semi" accurate aftermarket exhaust that isn't those 4 sections. I would think that there is a lot of them out there but I don't really want to buy all of them looking for the best one.

THANKS

I am working on the Kinetic F-16F and the exhaust feathers come in 4 sections. I hope to tap into someone's experience with the same thought that I am having. I am looking for a "semi" accurate aftermarket exhaust that isn't those 4 sections. I would think that there is a lot of them out there but I don't really want to buy all of them looking for the best one.

THANKS

As far as I know, there aren't any aftermarket nozzles for a F-16E/F.

The block 60 F-16's uses the GE-132, which has longer feathers as the GE-129.

Remy..

I completely understand and appreciate accuracy in model building but I build models for me. I don't think I need exactly an f-16f exhaust, just a late f-16 exhaust that looks good. Anything that would play the part would be good.

Thanks

BTW...i have noticed that there isn't much, if any, aftermarket stuff for an f-16f exactly.

Your best bet is to use the Aires P/W nozzle, shave off the attachment bolts on the ends of the Turkey Feathers, then cover it with carbon fiber decal.

Curt

Just looked at Aires website this a.m. There are a lot of them. F-16C/D Block 60...for Kinetic Kit even.

How about the Eduard Brassin exhaust kits? F-16CJ Block 52, F-16CJ Block 50, or F-16N?

On a side note...how critical is an aftermarket kit be for the specific model that you are working on? I was looking at getting the f-16 airbrake Brassin kit, it is for the Tamiya kit. I am working on a Kinetic kit. Does it matter?

Edited by jetdx

OK...this subject has been decided. I went with the F-16CJ Block 52 exhaust Brassin Kit from Eduard.

I just read over the replies again on this subject. What would be a good way to paint/color this exhaust nozzle? I like the "streaking/rings" on the inside of the nozzle that I see a lot of exhaust nozzles having on other models.

Edited by jetdx

A P&W exhaust for the Block 60? The Block 60's -132 is a GE engine.

Jake

Your right, I was thinking P/W-229

OK...this subject has been decided. I went with the F-16CJ Block 52 exhaust Brassin Kit from Eduard.

I just read over the replies again on this subject. What would be a good way to paint/color this exhaust nozzle? I like the "streaking/rings" on the inside of the nozzle that I see a lot of exhaust nozzles having on other models.

Which means this is the wrong engine for your a/c, you need a GE engine, remember if the Blk # ends in 2 (Eg; 32,42,52) it will have a P/W engine.

Curt

Well, if you don't mind the shorter petals, or feathers, you can use Aires 4440 which is a block 30/40/50 nozzle designed to fit a Kinetic.

Remy..

What is the look difference between the P/W exhaust and the GE exhaust? Is there that much of a difference. I am going for the good look. Will the "John Doe" notice that I put the wrong exhaust on it?

I don't know if this is considered a "rivet counter" issue or what but that much of accuracy does not matter to me. I do not plan to enter this or any model I do into a show. Getting into this much detail/rivet counting takes away the fun part out of model building...for me, anyway...for now.

Thanks for all the input!!!

remember if the Blk # ends in 2 (Eg; 32,42,52) it will have a P/W engine.

...apart from the NF-16D VISTA, whch is a Block 30 but currently flies with a P&W F100-PW-229 .

Like 'Viper01' already said:

Welcome in the world of the F-16 :wacko:

:)

Cheers,

Andre

...apart from the NF-16D VISTA, whch is a Block 30 but currently flies with a P&W F100-PW-229 .

Really? As of when? Last few times I've shot it, it's been sporting the GE. The -229 would be cool to see.

Jake