Next Tamiya 1/32 release.........

Got to thinking, which is dangerous but what the heck......

Tamiyas first BIG WW2 release was the Merlin equipped Spitfires. Saved money by using the same sprues to do different marks.

Next use a couple of the same parts to do a Merlin equipped Mustang. One I would like to make myself one day. Again saving money by using some things again.

So, in this saving money thing.......

They would want to do something that uses the same engine again.........

Logically............

The next 1/32 WW2 model by Tamiya will be.........

A Merlin equipped.......

Lancaster!!!!!

Yeah right......... But would not that be COOL!

No no no.... I'm quite sure they will do a Boulton Paul Defiant. I mean, who wouldn't buy that? It's a fighter, with a turret! :woot.gif:

My sources tell me you are close. It will be a Boulton Paul product, but not the Defiant.

Yes, that's right. Tamiya is working on a 1/32 scale Boulton Paul Balliol.

You guys are all CRAZY!!

They've done Japanese with the Zero

They've done British with the Spitfire

and They've done American with the Mustang

obviously the next 1/32 release will be either German most likely BV 141 or Australian most likely a Boomerang !!! :wacko:

yes i've had psych evals and passed most of them lol

cheers

Brad

An all new Hurricane (preferably a Mk. I or a IIA or IIB) would be nice, as would a Boomerang, but I ain't holding my breath! It will probably be something from the IJAAF, such as a Ki-43, a Ki-44, or maybe even a Ki-61 or a Ki-100.

It'll be a P-51K, with Korean War F-51 add-ons; as for what follows, you won't know until it's ready, so your best bet is to keep taking those calming medications, and wait patiently.

Edgar

Got to thinking, which is dangerous but what the heck......

Tamiyas first BIG WW2 release was the Merlin equipped Spitfires. Saved money by using the same sprues to do different marks.

Next use a couple of the same parts to do a Merlin equipped Mustang. One I would like to make myself one day. Again saving money by using some things again.

So, in this saving money thing.......

They would want to do something that uses the same engine again.........

Logically............

The next 1/32 WW2 model by Tamiya will be.........

A Merlin equipped.......

Lancaster!!!!!

Yeah right......... But would not that be COOL!

Fine, except the Lancaster used the Merlin 24. Single stage, single speed, just like in the Mk.I~V.

My tip still lays with the B-17C. It did little damage to the home islands.

G

I would bet we'll see a series of P-51 releases, just like we did with the late Merlin Spits. Likely a P-51K and an F-51D to start, since they require the least additional tooling. Possibly a P-51B/C as well (a P-51H would need less tooling, but would sell far less).

After that? My guess would be a Corsair, P-47D or something Japanese.

Maybe not the next kit to be released (like the P-51B or another Mk. Spitfire), but the next completely new model Tamiya gives us I think will be something WWII German, 109, 190? Look at the release history of the new WONDER Kits. Japanese: Zero/ British: Spitfire/ US: P:51. All easily the most famous, most important (per country) fighter of their time. Only major player left is Germany, and we all know which plane(s) were their most important, iconic during the war. Sure there's tons of releases already of both the 190, and 109, but so was the Mustang. Besides, with a little thoughtful engineering, think of all the variants they could subsequently release of either one. Not that I'm wishing for one, since I'm still saving my pennies to get at least one of the new Tamiya Wonder kits (P-51 first), but just seems like the logical next step if you look at the "pattern" already being established.

I would bet we'll see a series of P-51 releases, just like we did with the late Merlin Spits. Likely a P-51K and an F-51D to start, since they require the least additional tooling. Possibly a P-51B/C as well (a P-51H would need less tooling, but would sell far less).

The P-51B has many parts in common with the P-51D, the P-51H very few so it would have to be a entirely new tooling.

I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt we'll get a P-51B.

A P-51K, F-51D, F-6D and possibly a Pacific boxing are definitely in or future, it's easy to see looking at the parts included in the first release.

Really? There was something like Soviet Union with a massive airforce.

WHO?

doh.gif Sorry, don't know how I managed to miss that. But, in my defense, you tend to see far less Russian aircraft than US, Japan, Germany.

The P-51B has many parts in common with the P-51D, the P-51H very few so it would have to be a entirely new tooling.

I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt we'll get a P-51B.

A P-51K, F-51D, F-6D and possibly a Pacific boxing are definitely in or future, it's easy to see looking at the parts included in the first release.

Both the P-51B and P-51H require new-tooled wings & fuselages (I'd forgot that the P-51H had a different wing from the D).

Edited by mawz