Hi,

My first will be the 1/72 Italeri HH-53C, in markings of the 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, based at RAF Woodbridge in the late 1970's. The kit will be built just out of the box, with decals from a Wolfpak sheet. In the end, it should look something like this:

DF-ST-86-12556.jpg

Cockpit is fairly basic, and I won't add any detail to it, since it will be pretty hidden once closed up:

PC080587.jpg

Since the cabin is empty and void of detail, I decided to keep the ramp closed. I first painted the fuselage around the windows area, before placing in the windows from the inside. This makes it much easier to mask, and I don't have to worry about windows popping back during the masking proces:

PC080591.jpg

The fit around of the two fuselage halves wasn't that great at some places. Mostly on top of the fuselage and around the ramp. I first tried it with putty, but decided to glue a strip of styrene from the rotormount towards the rear instead, and smooth this out with superglue:

PC080588.jpg

Working on the seams on the underside now:

PC080589.jpg

Next up; shaping the ramp doors a bit.

Started working on the engines. The exhausts are a joke. Basically a hole with a turbine section in it that's smaller than the inner diameter.

PC090592.jpg

Luckily I found some styrene tube that fits in nicely. So I cut that to shape:

PC090593.jpg

PC090594.jpg

Much better, me thinks. Only have to glue it in, and add a little filler around the edges to blend it in:

PC090595.jpg

... I first painted the fuselage around the windows area, before placing in the windows from the inside. This makes it much easier to mask, and I don't have to worry about windows popping back during the masking proces

Hey, now that's interesting! Looking forward to seeing this...

Hi,

My first will be the 1/72 Italeri HH-53C, in markings of the 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, based at RAF Woodbridge in the late 1970's. The kit will be built just out of the box, with decals from a Wolfpak sheet. In the end, it should look something like this:

DF-ST-86-12556.jpg

Do you have the F-105 centerline tanks this one used?

Scott W.

• 2 weeks later...