1/48 MiG-19S a.k.a. J-6

It would have been a very different outcome if the American pilots had been armed, which they were not, and you are right about one thing, there would have been 2 splashed Migs if the situation were reversed. ;)

Yes sure!

All US pilots are always the best ever exist in the galaxy and none of them can be defeated. ;)

Oh and all those US plane "shot down" during Korean war or Vietnamese or Iraqi were all no human controlled UFOs!

Bravo!

Interesting when reading the background history i came across a note from Mr Wang. He mentioned one of the usual tactics of the US aircraft to make kills were to send in a lone wolf to lure some defense planes to scramble (maybe 2-3?). Meanwhile a wolfpack of 7-8 planes just outside the Chinese border would go in and take a shot at those poor bastards.

Now the question is how often is that deployed and what really is the purpose of this? Just to provoke China into war? I know this is off topic but growing very curious about it.

Yes sure!

All US pilots are always the best ever exist in the galaxy and none of them can be defeated. ;)

Oh and all those US plane "shot down" during Korean war or Vietnamese or Iraqi were all no human controlled UFOs!

Bravo!

The point being at least they had someone shooting back at them....

The point being at least they had someone shooting back at them....

Of course that's the point especially in your video game or Hollywood movies.

Go on and enjoy your imagination in your own world.

It's safe there and everything will just be what you want it to be, kid.

Haneto

Excellent model as usual, even better than most of what I have seen from you! I know it was posted some time ago, but it truly is a fantastic work of art and great background story.

My imagination?!? It's FACT...your "hero", not even alone, attacked an unarmed opponent.....if anything the American flight crew was careless.

I think it is extremely bad manners to come into someone's display case article and get into a political argument with him - in this case about whether or not this fascinating man was a hero or not in your eyes. The story is interesting and worth telling - this is not the place to make a judgement on the relative morals or level of "heroism" of those involved. This would be like a build article on Viktor Belenko's MiG-25 developing in an argument about whether he was a traitor or a hero. Wrong place to do that. Anyway, in the display case forum you are not even supposed to be giving unsolicited critique, never mind post a judgement on whether you agree with the posters personal views on the background story. I for one find these stories from "the other side" extremely fascinating reading and hope to see more of them.

Secondly, your argument is particularly weak, as there was no way for the J-6 pilots to determine whether or not the intruding Phantom was armed without engaging it. It was wartime and very close to a war zone - you would have had to be an idiot to assume an aircraft was unarmed until you had a chance to fight with him for a bit. If anything, it is a little surprising that the Phantom was being ferried in that area and time with no defensive armament.

Edited by Oryx

Did some research on this....according to an old newspaper article I found, the F-4 was UNARMED and on a ferry flight from Clark to Da Nang after maintenance at Clark, and the A/C was off course due to malfunctioning Navi equipment. The 2 Migs jumped the unsuspecting Phantom, which then escaped to the south and radioed a distress call, then the crew ejected and were rescued by the Navy.

Some "hero".

Yes, and untill they were told he was captured alive and well, Gary Powers was flying a weather research plane that went into Sovjet airspace on autopilot after reporting a problem with his oxygen system.

Propaganda happens on both sides in every conflict. The US is no exception. So your article has even less weight to being true than a man sitting in front of you explaining what happend. This being said, i'm not judging which of the two is right, because neither source can be backed up.

Now, untill you have prove that the story is untrue (and finding a article writen in the cold war era is not a reliable source), please, let him telll his story, but don't mock him.

BTW, one question, again not judging, but what did happen? Was he shot down, or did he escape and eject (and if so, for what reason)?

Genuinely interrested in this.

Edited by streetstream