Hello to everyone this is my latest built, i chose to represent an RF-4E from Hellenic air force from the badge of Luftwaffe back in 1993 and i'm gonna do this aircraft s/n 7500 ex-GAF 35+53

75005.jpg

To start my built i chose Hasegawa RF-4E in 1/48 Scale with many add-on's from Aires, Eduard and Cutting Edge...

I start from the cockpit, for this area i choose the F-4E cockpit from Aires with many scratch conversions to represent the recon version and i do this because this cockpit is closer than this of the RF-4B/C

and some photos to see the progress...

DSCF3935.jpgDSCF3943.jpgDSCF3972.jpgDSCF3975.jpg

DSCF4140.jpgDSCF4151.jpgDSCF4185.jpgDSCF4161.jpg

DSCF4193.jpg

For the Engine intakes i use the seamless suckers from cutting edge, and i like them very much, the only thing that i add is the pitot tubes from eduard

DSCF4221.jpgDSCF4223.jpgDSCF4259.jpgDSCF4265.jpgDSCF4266.jpg

Then i made the Ejection Seat from the Aires set and the only thing that i add is the belts of the garter legs mechanism and the face curtain handles, the only think that they want now is a good paint...

DSCF4237.jpgDSCF4226.jpg

For the exhaust area i will use aires and eduard set together for better results...

DSCF4243.jpgDSCF4249.jpgDSCF4254.jpg

Hope you like it...and thanks for your time

Cheer's Nick

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys for your replies till now i had glued the fuselage and i put on the intakes, it's a bit hard because it wants too many filer in the inner side but it worth every sent...

maybe the next week i will have some progress also i purchase and i wait for them now from Wolfpack ''the F-4 flap wing down set''

Cheers Nick :salute:

p.s. Mr. Eagle i wait for your next article in ptisi...!!! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi again my friends, and thank you for your kind words, for the pattern i will choose the A because i seen it more challenging, but i have a question...does the ''Brasso'' metal polisher is good for polishing the canopies, because i have a minor problem with the windshield

If you're still going with former 35+53, then the A scheme is correct. All RF-4E's in the Luftwaffe with serials ending on even numbers got the A scheme, all of those with the serial ending in an odd number, got the B scheme. Note, it's the original USAF serial that counts, not the Luftwaffe's 4 digit code. In this case, 35+53 had the USAF serial of 69-7500.

Thanks a lot Pete for your information that you told me :thumbsup:

if i choose patern A i will go for the ex35+53 or us 69-7500 but if i choose B pater i will for the us 69-7486 or 69-7519, but i have in mind many other serials to built. B)

Also i polished the clear parts with "Silvo" and I'm very satisfied with the result :lol: