Revel 1/48 A-6E TRAM Intruder

Be a shame to fold the wings on such a cool camo scheme. I vote for an in flight display! That'd be cool!

I'll be going gear down as really don't want to deal with the intakes- so I got plugs:

2e094f73.jpg

Started bonding the wings together used lots of clamps to get a good mate:

9091290d.jpg

Edited by toadwbg

I remember a thread a while back where a set of A-4 exhausts and brass tubing was used to scratch a set of Intruder exhausts. Looked exactly like the real thing. I'll see if I can find it.

*EDIT*

I looked but can't find it now. I think it was on the old boards.

He took a spare set of A-4 nozzles, cut the ends off and slid them into pieces of brass tubing. Looked spot on. Wish I could find that thread for my use.

Edited by dbsmith88

I remember a thread a while back where a set of A-4 exhausts and brass tubing was used to scratch a set of Intruder exhausts. Looked exactly like the real thing. I'll see if I can find it.

*EDIT*

I looked but can't find it now. I think it was on the old boards.

He took a spare set of A-4 nozzles, cut the ends off and slid them into pieces of brass tubing. Looked spot on. Wish I could find that thread for my use.

I have been considering cutting out the plastic and inserting a brass tube. I know other modelers have done that, just cant find a detailed article either.

I found the above mentioned build thread on Zone Five. Unfortunately I can't link it here for reference directly (it's a shame) but replace "1234" with "z-one-five.net" (remove the first hyphen after the z. See how annoying this is?)

http://www.1234/showthread.php?t=10501&highlight=Intruder

Edited by PlasticWeapons

I found the build thread on Zone Five. Unfortunately I can't link it here for reference directly (it's a shame) but replace "1234" with "z-one-five.net" (remove the first hyphen after the z. See how annoying this is?)

I've seen that build. It's AWESOME! Did he ever finish that build?

As for the exhaust area, I was able to successfully remove the tailpipe by carefully using the dremel and a small drum sander. The only problem is finding the right sized tubing as you guys described. You're build is coming along great Toadwbg!!!

I found the build thread on Zone Five. Unfortunately I can't link it here for reference directly (it's a shame) but replace "1234" with "z-one-five.net" (remove the first hyphen after the z. See how annoying this is?)

With some fumbling, got the address to work- thanks. Daaaammmmmnnnn his build is sweet. I am going to do the brass tube exhausts. :cheers: :cheers:

As for the exhaust area, I was able to successfully remove the tailpipe by carefully using the dremel and a small drum sander. The only problem is finding the right sized tubing as you guys described. You're build is coming along great Toadwbg!!!

I got a Dremel with that attachment and will give it a whirl. :thumbsup:

Edited by toadwbg

The exhaust tailpipe should have a diameter of about 10.9mm. Yeah, I've measured an Intruder. :D

Hope that helps!

That does help, I'll stop on the way home today and pick up some brass tube to that size. Also on today's shopping list: Tenex and my Rock River Arms AR-15 lower :)

Edited by toadwbg

Update: picked up the tube 7/16" was closest and Tenex.

AR-15 complete lower with 2-stage trigger, winter trigger guard and collapsible 6-position stock are on order :)

Edited by toadwbg

For the exhaust pipes, you could always use the SB exhaust covers. :whistle: (Shameless plug now over.....okay, maybe not). SB is also coming out with pre-cut camo masks for the VA-65 scheme. I just finished painting mine and they make life much easier!

Hey Darren- I am a big fan of your Steel Beach stuff and am using the intake covers, I'll check out the exhaust covers as well- didn't see them after a search at SprueBrothers. Regardless I want to put some real pipes in there to replace the thick and clunky kit parts that have a seam down the middle. So I did that tonight:

Here's the first exhaust hollowed out with the Dremel. Shown for comparison is the other one not hollowed out (but some plastic was cut away with an Xacto knife)

78d51019.jpg

Here I've cut a 7/16" tube to length and stuck it in the hole

222f01a7.jpg

0f955c53.jpg

Cuttin' tube easy as cuttin' cheese:

fcff7e4d.jpg

Edited by toadwbg