Hasegawa F-4G with diorama (page 3)

Chuck, you are correct. There are lights at the rear of each wingtip, red on the left and blue-green on the right. They used them for flying formation at night. F-4Gs had them too.

Thanks Scott. The good news is that they can still be easily fixed!

@ Scott:

Italy is not only the land of passion but also the land of good food! And the guys there know how to lifestyle! Hmmm, so you' d better joined italian ground crew in your younger years? ;-) Hey, now I am sure! That F-4G is taking part a NATO manoever somewhere in Italy...maybe Sicily? Sardenga?

@ Scott:

Italy is not only the land of passion but also the land of good food! And the guys there know how to lifestyle! Hmmm, so you' d better joined italian ground crew in your younger years? ;-) Hey, now I am sure! That F-4G is taking part a NATO manoever somewhere in Italy...maybe Sicily? Sardenga?

I spent several wonderful 30 day tours at Decimommannu, Sardegna (Sardinia in English). We ate at several restaurants that all had fantastic food, and I met some really wonderful people. Cagliari was a fun city to tour around. We usually stayed in the Il Grillo hotel in Assemini, also a very nice town. We had great times but never ever did anyone bring a pot of soup out to the flightline for us, darned the bad luck! On the other hand, we did have a big "roach coach" (truck) park at the edge of the flightline so we could buy food:

RoachCoachatDeciScottRWilson.jpg

We also had a hamburger stand near the flightline:

BurgersatDeciScottRWilson.jpg

And we even had a place for naps:

DecimommannuJune1985.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent several wonderful 30 day tours at Decimommannu, Sardegna (Sardinia in English). We ate at several restaurants that all had fantastic food, and I met some really wonderful people. Cagliari was a fun city to tour around. We usually stayed in the Il Grillo hotel in Assemini, also a very nice town. We had great times but never ever did anyone bring a pot of soup out to the flightline for us, darned the bad luck! On the other hand, we did have a big "roach coach" (truck) park at the edge of the flightline so we could buy food:

RoachCoachatDeciScottRWilson.jpg

Hey Scott - don't suppose this was actually marked with USAF plates was it?

• 2 weeks later...