Hasegawa 1/48 Hawker Typhoon.

Here's what's on my bench at the moment. I started this, finished another then picked this up again, lost power in my study (which is a seperate building to the house) and finally really got back into this about six weeks ago. I hope to finish it before the end of the year (pull your finger out Geekman!!).

New014.jpg

Seams006.jpg

Went from what you see above to...

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

...this in about six weeks on and off.

The model wears a natural metal finish under the coats of Tamiya acrylic camouflage, invasion stripes and yellow recognition panels. I LOVE to weather and I often choose subjects with that in mind. Recent reference aquisitions show these birds often got pretty weather beaten so I'll be beating this up quite a bit. It's simply a case of scraping the paint off to reveal the 'aluminium' underneath which is a techniqye that's worked well for me in the past and one doesn't have to be too picky about the NMF since it will mostly be covered with paint. You'd expect a modeller of 37 years to know it will be much easier to mask and paint invasion stripes BEFORE he attaches the rocket rails but not here ( :bandhead2: ).

DSC_0014.jpg

Still some work to do. Decals later today. Thanks for looking.

Peace.

Oh...build is out-of-the-box except for some rudimentary seat harnesses I made from Tamiya tape and copper wire. Painted with Testors 'Model Master' Buffable Aluminium applied dry with a flat brush, the airbrushed with Tamiya acrylic colours applied freehand except for stripes which were masked with Tamiya tape and Humbrol Maskol. I usually use Humbrol paint when I do aircraft because I find their colours more sophisticated (snob I know) but I'm weathering this model just like I weather armour just to see what I get. Will be applying filters and oil paint after decals.

Peace.