1/16th NASCAR 1985

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has done any of AMT ERTL's 1/16th NASCAR kits. I did two kits as a kid: The Richard Petty STP Pontiac, and Kyle Petty's 7Eleven Thunderbird. However, as a youngster, they were built and played with, and are now long gone.

After just having seen "Stroker Ace" on TV, it reminded me of those kits, and I was curious to see if anyone had built them and had some pictures. Just trying to travel back in time!

Thanks!!

Edited by Mark737Whit

What a great movie Stroker Ace was. Oh yeah I remember those kits, I built two myself. I don't have any pics though. I do however have two of the 16th kits, the Petty car and the Dukes Charger witch could be used as a 70 Charger NASCAR.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has done any of AMT ERTL's 1/16th NASCAR kits. I did two kits as a kid: The Richard Petty STP Pontiac, and Kyle Petty's 7Eleven Thunderbird. However, as a youngster, they were built and played with, and are now long gone.

After just having seen "Stroker Ace" on TV, it reminded me of those kits, and I was curious to see if anyone had built them and had some pictures. Just trying to travel back in time!

Thanks!!

I built Richard Petty's 1/16th Pontiac a few years back, from what I recall it's a decent kit, accurate body shape unlike Polar Lights attempt at vintage NASCAR models a few years back, The Torino they did was pretty bad the rear window was not flush with the body and the front of the car was not angled right and to short, same with the Mercury Cyclone, and the Charger's forget them they totally missed the mark on that car. The box cover shows Buddy Baker's 71 Charger but what you got was a bad 73 body in the kit. Loved Stroker Ace and the cameo's by Kyle Petty Dale Earnhardt and Ricky Rudd.