I just assembled an AIM-9X and am overwhelmed at the quality of the casting, the detail, and the engineering. Just amazing.

You guys did an OUTSTANDING job!!

Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for appreciation.

Maybe you are right, but the thingy's not a good seller so far. B)

Cheers!

Alexander

p.s. For those who are out of swim, this is how the thingy looks like:

51947--51412937-m750x740-u8d326.jpg

51947--51412935-m750x740-u1383e.jpg51947--51412936-m750x740-u2692d.jpg

51947--51412933-m750x740-uf8b55.jpg51947--51412934-m750x740-uf7c6c.jpg

Edited by Eastern
You guys did an OUTSTANDING job!!
What can I say? Thank you so much for the glowing endorsement Jake. :cheers:

And once again, Thanks to Alexander for sharing his brilliant craftsmanship... :worship:

Maybe you are right, but the thingy's not a good seller so far.
Sales have been slower than I would have expected or hoped for, but it's by no means a failure.

I'm guessing that the lack of sales is due to the smaller number of airframes that carry them in comparison to the AIM-9D/G/H or AIM-9L/M. That and the fact that the Academy offering isn't terrible.

Speaking of airframes, can anybody provide a complete list of 1/32 kits/airframes that the AIM-9X can be used on?

:cheers:

Thats a small list...

F/A-18 series, F-35, F-16 50+, F-15C..I would say F-22 as well, but it lacks the helmet mounted cueing system and software (but will probably be upgraded after block 3.5) in the near future. If the aircraft has the ability to shoot off boresite, and its a NATO bird, then good chance it can shoot the X.

Edited by utley

Speaking of small # of airframes that can carry the missile....

I was thinking what other countries besides the US and Israel operate the AIM-9x?

If I am not mistaken the Israeli Air Force does not have the AIM-9X in its inventory. Apart from the US, as far as I know the Polish and the Turks use it.

Thats a small list...

F/A-18 series, F-35, F-16 50+, F-15C..

It's not only the Block 50 Viper. All USAF Vipers can now use it. Additionally, the FMS MLU Vipers have them. The F-15E is also undergoing testing with it.

Jake

RAAF F/A-18Fs also use AIM-9X. Quite interesting, as they use AIM-132 ASRAAM on their Legacy Hornets.

And I'm sure I've seen them in pics of ROKAF F-15Ks. But they looked like airshow/demo pics, so I don't know whether they're in fleet service yet.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got given a set of AIM-9Xs and sadly have no airframes to use them on, but I agree - they are jewels, and may even just assemble and paint for the sake of it.

Have ordered a D and an M which will make it on to an F-16, but will definitely be placing follow up orders for any other 1/32 airframes I complete needing Sidewinders.

Got given a set of AIM-9Xs and sadly have no airframes to use them on, but I agree - they are jewels, and may even just assemble and paint for the sake of it.

Have ordered a D and an M which will make it on to an F-16, but will definitely be placing follow up orders for any other 1/32 airframes I complete needing Sidewinders.

Hah, very interesting tendency. Having bought weaponry set first people start looking for an airframe to use the "bad boys" on. :)

Cheers!

Alexander

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hah, very interesting tendency. Having bought weaponry set first people start looking for an airframe to use the "bad boys" on. :)

Cheers!

Alexander

No surprise there!

When one sees the Quality of Your models and compares them to the "log" from many kits, this idea appears by itself... ;-)