Ki- 46 Dinah

Hi mates!

Some time ago, I saw this plane , I think in a blue colour, And now trying to look for some information , I dont see anything of this one.

Can anyone help me? Or just this plane was in brown and green.I forgot its the recco one.

Thanks in advance.

Héctor

Hi mates!

Some time ago, I saw this plane , I think in a blue colour, And now trying to look for some information , I dont see anything of this one.

Can anyone help me? Or just this plane was in brown and green.I forgot its the recco one.

Thanks in advance.

Héctor

Hector,

You need to specify the version-Ki-46-II, Ki-46-III or Ki-46-III Kai (wiht oblique cannon)?

Ki-46-II (early ver., with "stepped" canopy) mostly wore factory (Mitsubishi) applied "hairyokushoku #1" i.e. gray-green #1 which was widely used

IJAAF standard paint and the best approximation out of bottle is Gunze Mr.Color C128.

Mario

Blue is somewhat of a controversial colour. It seems that it was seen on a few IJAAF types, but not to the extent sometimes reported. Sonias and Ki43s based on Formosa, IIRC, but I'm not sure how many others. There was also, apparently, use of a dark grey which may have appeared bluish: reports of this as "blue" could easily be transformed into a royal blue by profile artists or modellers lacking the true picture - whatever that was.

I'm sure you'll find this discussed on j-aircraft.org, and perhaps on Nick Millman's blog http://www.straggleresearch.com/