"Rockets of the World" By Peter Alway

I bought this book a couple of months ago and it is fantastic. If you require any dimensions for ANY rocket for documentation, they are there in "station segments" It is the best investment I made for rocket modeling. This is the 2008 fourth addition which is the most recent one.

51MzAJLaa0L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Otto

I've got either the second or third edition in my library. Indeed it is one of the best references on rockets that I have ever found. It even came in handy when I was coming up with some dimension estimates for doing a quick and dirty 1/144 Ares 1 rocket model a few years ago (This gave me some excellent scale data to work from when I was sizing up some drawings to use as a template as the only drawings I found had no measurements on them).

The book just saved my butt while working on my Jupiter-C and my Mercury/Redstone. I found that the dimensions on the WWW were all over the place and none of them agreed. This book at least made sense in the dimension department. than when you start cross referencing between all the Redstone rockets all the dimensions fall in place and things start to make sense. I want to build a series of 1:144 AA missiles and dimensions are sparse. After I bought the book I was able to scratch build this little 1:144 project. You might recognize it.

DSC02591.jpg

Edited by Otto

This is where I bought mine http://www.arapress.com/rotw.php It is the 2008 fourth addition. I guess that there are suplaments available for it also if you want rockets that are more modern than 2008. I don't understand why some people want well over $100 for the book on Amazon and it is not even a most recent addition. There are supplemental available if you have an earlier addition. http://www.arapress.com/rotw_sup.php

Edited by Otto