Stripped, touched up, and re-decaled:

P2090764.jpg

Much better, me thinks. Walkways from Afterburner, refuelling door marking from a Twobobs sheet. I also got rid of the nose art, as I didn't like it.

looks much better now. Though I guess instead of stripping and replacing you could also slightly mist the gunship grey colour over the decals to achieve the effect you desire.

31Tiger: I usually strip my decals using a 3M tape. apply - press - pull

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I removed the decals with tape. This got rid of most of it, only on a few spots were the decals stronger than the tape. I just carefully brushed some grey over them, with some future over that. I did consider misting some dark grey over them instead, but since I don't have a very advanced airbrush, the risk of messing this up was bigger than the risks involved with the stripping. And, tbh, I'm glad I replaced the decals, because, like Kris said, they are much more to scale than the Aeromaster ones.

• 2 weeks later...

It's my attempt at a touch up of the paintjob. I did that at some spots on the fueltanks and along some panel lines. It shows a bit too much on the photo, but in reality it looks quite OK.