Big-Bird Su30MKM 1/32

Hello to you all. This is my first topic on the ARC. My name is Rogier van den Berg and i am from Holland. This is my building repport of the Sukhoi Su-30MKM.

I like Flankers a lot. Special the twin seatters. Because i started this build almost a year ago i will post a hell of a fist repport. I think de Su-30 doesn't need a intro. So let's start with the pics.

I started with the business end of the two big engines. The Su30MKM is driven by two Saturn AL-31AF with trust vectoring.

This is the end of the enigine. I bought the Aires set first for my Su27 only this project crasht a few years ago. I the mean time a bought the set from Pitzmodels. So here is the big differense between the sets of Trumpeter the Aires set and the Pitz set.

DSCN1261.jpg

The flameholder for the afterburner is a combination from Pitz and Aires. Pitz give you the body for the flameholder but not the rings. So i use the rings from the Aires set.

DSCN1264.jpg

The combination leads to this end result. Left the engine from Trumpeter and right the combination Aires Pitzmodels.

DSCN1267.jpg

The engine in full color. The weathering is done with a set from Tamiya.

DSCN1296.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

The differense between the nozzels 1 Trumpeter 2 Aires 3 Pitzmodels

DSCN1319.jpg

The Pitzmodel in color.

DSCN1327.jpg

So with the engines almost ready I started with the cockpit.

The front is compleet scratch build. I use different components out of my scrapbox. The main tube is from Wolfpack design. But i make some corrections to get a Su30mkm cockpit as good as it gets.

DSCN1370.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

For the ejectionseat i use also i set from Eduard for the extra detail. Because i gone the put some pilots in a sand off the belts and other stuff.

DSCN1366.jpg

The two pilots are what i call Frankensteins. They are build with different parts.

The pilot head is from Mastercasters the body from Academy F16 Sufa pilot, and the arms are from a Tamiya F15E pilot.

DSCN1453.jpg

DSCN1451.jpg

The backseater is build up from a Sufa body with the head from a Academy F18 and a arm from the F15E and the other arm from Mastercasters.

DSCN1483.jpg

The badges on the arm are from the internet and printed in scale on photopaper.

After i finished with the small parts i started with the body of the big bird.

First i fitted the intakes from Zacto. The Fodguards are from a Eduard set. I though you will see the bottom of the intake. But affter the hole intake was in place you did't see notting of it.

DSCN1377.jpg

So with te intakes in place a started with the wheelbay's.

DSCN1406.jpg

DSCN1418.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

DSCN1404.jpg

And the front wheelbay. The Trumpeter set is not good because its for a Su27. I use the frontwheelbay from a Wolfpack set.

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1365.jpg

Now that al the small parts are in place the to body parts can putt to getter. Not affter the new LERX must be build.

I started with a plastic card with i cut in sape.

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1424.jpg

I missed the shape of the LERX big time. Its was good in form.

DSCN1550.jpg

So i make a adjustment

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

This is mutch better.

The rest of the build.

I started with a new set of airscoops on the back.

These don't look cool.

DSCN1427.jpg

These looks better

DSCN1428.jpg

The Su30MKM has a lot of extra sensorpods on his body.

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

The make also use of a differend chaff/-flare system. So i deleted the old Russian system, and fitted the new one.

DSCN1485.jpg

I started know at the undercarriage. The first job where the wheels.

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

So this is my build so far. Let me hear of you oppion.

See you all soon. And for know Merry Christmas and a good new year.

• 3 weeks later...