Thanks guys. I have to say that the Italeri kit is nowhere near as easy to build as I had expected it to be.

I don't think any 72nd A-10 is. The way the kit is designed leads to many seams and difficulties.

In fact the parts look very similar to the monogram one from days on by. Perhaps they're the same and Italeri just changed some things or added some things.

Either way that bottom wing join and the fit of the upper wing halves is usually never good.

I agree on the fit of the wings. I have build the Academy, and have more comming. I also have the old monogram kit and that has some nice offerings on the A-10 if you want to detail the engine as one can be build open.

The Hase is the same kit as the academy builds up nice as well except for the wings. Weapons are not that good on the GBU's but both can be build up armed. Have build the Revell/Italeri kit and that is offering sidewinders in the kit and that is an plus too. Also the only one having an good office is the one of monogram, not sure if that is an scale down of the still best A-10 48th scale.

On topic again how is your A-10 going Chris?

TBH I've not made any further progress other than the green as I'm working away from home at the moment. I should hopefully get the light green on this weekend and (maybe) get into decalling next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

I see it no problem. Perhaps contrast or color ratios on your monitors are off? Did a nice job with the camo. Was it freehand?

Yep, all of my models tend to be freehand. There are a couple of places where I should have gone back and tidied up, but I wanted to get it finished...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't - it's included with the Italeri kit.

Thank you! Guess I'll be on the lookout for this kit now - must arm my squadron of Warthogs appropriately. :sunrevolves: