1/48 Mustang Kit Guidance

Unless he got two of the "chrome-plated" kits…

If not, then you are, of course, correct. :worship:

Ugh, they chrome plated those too? In that case you can always strip it with Simple Green or Windex I think. Luckily the Tamiya plating is more of a paint than what most other companies do with that awful adhesive that's hard to strip.

Edited by SoarinSukhoi

Accurate Minatures is the only company that produces the first Allison engined P-51A. I've had both the A.M. and the Tamiya P-51B and I prefer the Tamiya. Tamiya's 1/48 P-51s aren't expensive. You can get them for around $20 which is cheaper than the A.M. kit. Also the Tamiya Mustangs are one of their older kits. If Tamiya scaled down their 1/32 Mustang there wouldn't even be a debate for a P-51D in 1/48.

I just did a compairson of the two B kits yesterday, and I'll stay with my comment there. I have a couple P51D's from Tamiya and they're OK, but see some after market stuff for them. As for scaling down the 1/32 kit to 1/48th, and knowing how Tamiya over prices everything; expect a $75 price tag. The price gouging of the consumer is starting to show up on the shelves around my place. You can't sell a Tamiya armor kit for nothing unless they're the only kit! Dragon has literally put them outta business. Their 1/48th kits just lay there on the shelf, and wait for the old kit sale. Hasegawa is moving into that direction as well with all the new kits from Revell at half the price (more often better too). My dealer told me last week that he will not order another Tamiya 1/32 kit. They are not selling very well. The 1/32 Tamiya kits are very nice, but at $145 you can sure buy a lot of nice kits from the other guys.

gary