I built this(1/48 Monogram ProModeler)kit for a friend whose dad flew as a navigator in the 401st during WWII. markings were made on an injet printer except the national insignia. I used his dad's A-2 jacket to make the pinup art for the nose. Added extra detail to the cockpit and nose section and added feeed belts for the guns and added ball turret detail. Painted using Testor's Model Master's buffing aircraft aluminum. his dad flew on this a/c but the "Time'll tell" markings were never applied to the real a/c.

Bruce

ltgtr.jpg

rtrearqtr.jpg

nose-1.jpg

Edited by bradebaugh

Nice work Bruce. :)

Here she is after a landing accident at Deenethorpe on the 18th February 1945:

636-2.jpg

B-17G-25-VE 42-97636

Assigned 94CBW (401BG's parent unit) as PFF aircraft (H2X bombing radar replacing ball turret).

Suffered Category 3 damage as a result of a landing accident 8th August 1944, Lt. William C. Mannix (613th Squadron) flying.

Aircraft repaired and brought back into service.

Allocated 401BG 615BS IY-H 26th August 1944.

Suffered Category 3 damage as a result of a landing accident 18th February 1945, Capt. Paul E. Campbell (615th Squadron Operations Officer) flying.

Transferred to 305BG in May 1945 for Project Casey Jones.

All the best,

PB

Edited by PGB

Nice work Bruce. :)

Here she is after a landing accident at Deenethorpe on the 18th February 1945:

636-2.jpg

B-17G-25-VE 42-97636

Assigned 94CBW (401BG's parent unit) as PFF aircraft (H2X bombing radar replacing ball turret).

Suffered Category 3 damage as a result of a landing accident 8th August 1944, Lt. William C. Mannix (613th Squadron) flying.

Allocated 401BG 615BS IY-H 26th August 1944.

Suffered Category 3 damage as a result of a landing accident 18th February 1945, Capt. Paul E. Campbell (615th Squadron Operations Officer) flying.

Transferred to 305BG in May 1945 for Project Casey Jones.

All the best,

PB

I ran across the picture after I had finished the model. Its not 100% accurate but I wanted to build it for my friend. I used a Koster vacform nose glass because the kit glass was so thick.

thanks for the nice comments,

Bruce

Edited by bradebaugh